|Tim Emmett has made the first ascent of “Muy Caliente!” E10 6c at Stennis Ford, Pembroke|
|British climber Tim Emmett has just clocked in with the first ascent of his “Muy Caliente!” E10 6c at Stennis Ford, next to the famous Huntsman’s Leap in Pembroke, Wales. The route climbs the first section of Ghost Train, then breaks off left into fierce, run-out territory and although Emmett had never toproped the route clean in one push, he decided that the time was ripe. He warmed up by soloing the classic Pleasure Dome E3 5c at Stennis Head, then went for it, placing what little gear there was on lead – read two nuts and a handful of threads.
Emmett is one of Britain’s most talented all-rounders (in February he established Spray On, one of the hardest pure ice climbs in the world together with Will Gadd) and Muy Caliente is now his hardest route to date, after climbs such as “Meshuga” E9 6c, and the first ascent of “Chicama” E9 6c. He stated: “Compared to other first ascents it’s definitely the hardest route I have done, it took me about a year to get it. It’s brilliant Scary runout up to the Walnut 6 placement, the first time I tried it I wasn’t ready and got really out of my depth. This time I nearly blew it on the runout, I really scared myself big time!”
Emmett concluded by saying: “Thanks to anyone who knew about it and didn’t try and do it while I was recovering from injury It’s only one minute from the car park – go for it!” Watch the video of Emmett attempting his Muy Caliente! at Stennis Ford, Pembroke in 2009.
Tim Emmett adds E10 to Stennis Ford, Pembroke
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Woods, Robinson Repeat The Ice Knife (V15) May 23, 2013
- On the ARk May 23, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...
Adam Ondra Alex Honnold Anchor Replacement Fund Andrew Pedley Andrew Porter Arctic Expedition Arjan de Kock Bolting Boven Roc Rally Brian Weaver Chris Sharma CityROCK Clinton Martinengo Daniel Woods Dave Graham Dean Potter Drakensberg Everest FEAT Featured Ice Climbing Joe Mohle K2 Kilimanjaro Marijus Šmigelskis Matt Bush Micky Wiswedel Montagu mugging Nalle Hukkataival National Bouldering League Paul Robinson Rock & Road Rocklands Sasha Digiulian Slackline Steve Bradshaw jnr Supertramp Table Mountain Tommy Caldwell Ueli Steck Umgeni Waterval Boven Yellowwood Amphitheatre Yosemite