VIDEO: Adam Ondra, the movie

For more than a year now, Czech film maker Petr Pavlíček has been gathering material for his film about Adam Ondra:

“Having spent a whole year of filming together, travelling tens of thousands of kilometres into various rock climbing destinations, never ending days and weeks of waiting for the perfect weather conditions, ideal fitness or a bit of luck, I now know that the time of collecting material is at an end. The second stage is ahead, which is editing almost one hundred hours of shots and moments into a film. This stage is even more difficult than the actual filming in the verticals. If everything goes well, it will take about five months. We will keep you up to date on the progress of the film through articles, interviews and video clips.

I managed to shoot a lot of interesting moments of Adam’s life in that year. On the rocks as well as away from them. I got to know him not only as a phenomenal climber, but mainly as a person. For me personally, this is the more interesting part of this story! It is because I do not know many such strong people as this young man Adam Ondra.”

In terms of hard climbing, this movie will certainly be second to none, with roughly 10 routes in the 9a-9b range, as well as 8B+ bouldering and super hard projects (yes, there are actually a couple of lines Adam hasn’t done yet!).

Here’s the trailer. Enjoy!

8 Responses to VIDEO: Adam Ondra, the movie

1. SAman Jun 13, 2010 at 7:46 pm #

Call me shallow, but can someone give this guy a makeover. He’s going to be the face of climbing for a long time ( taking over from Sharma ) to the non-climbing world and I’m sure he’s not gonna increase female participation looking like that. Can I recommend the hipster look, considering he is a bit lanky.

2. Cathy Jun 17, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

do you want chicks climbing because the see “sexy ” guys climbing or because they want to climb.
    Nooit dude!!!
    Dont try and introduce the whole crappy “boy band” vibe” your NOT a band unless, you play an instrument!!! Too many half talented people make it much bigger than those with true talent, Why? to satisfy our need for , prettiness and “beauty”, Yeah i know sex sells, but this climbing, not pop culture!

3. Gary Jun 18, 2010 at 11:23 am #

Have to agree with SAman. Nothing wrong with a bit more glamour at the crags. Fail to see what musical instruments have to do with female participation.

4. Leebo Jun 19, 2010 at 5:27 pm #

Put the telly on & pick up a FHM. Cause that’s how people are really supposed to look?!?! I’ll call you shallow SAMan.

5. Heinrich Jun 21, 2010 at 10:49 am #

I was fortunate enough to meet Adam when he toured with us on the Rock & Road last year, and believe me, he does not need anything more than the person who he is to get anyone’s attention.in the climbing community.

6. SAman Jun 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm #

I don’t know what it is about South Africans and why they can’t think about a something with out taking it personally. If your going to stuff your personal bias into everything your just going to come across as some idiot who “Didn’t read the question”

Cathy: How many girls do you that would start climbing justs too crank hard?? They would start if it was social and has people they’ed like to meet.

Leebo: I prefer real people

Heinrich: Don’t care what the climbing community thinks… read the post

7. Heinrich Jun 22, 2010 at 11:33 am #

“If your going to stuff your personal bias into everything your just going to come across as some idiot who ‘Didn’t read the question'”

And your opinion that Ondra needs a makeover and this may inspire female participation isn’t personally biased?

Sorry dude, but you gave your opinion and we gave ours, nothing personal. But please realise that going public with a statement will invariably invite critique/debate/accord. That’s the nature of it.

8. worlds sexiest women Jun 17, 2013 at 6:14 pm #

Good post. I absolutely appreciate this site. Keep writing!