CORE Showing at CityROCK – Wednesday, 15 September

CityROCK brings you CORE (the new Chuck Fryberger film) and Viva La Vida (a film by our very own Micky Wiswedel)

Where & When: Wednesday, 15 September @ 8:30 pm.  Showing in blu-ray HD – this is the first ever climbing film to be filmed in BluRay High Definition and a new projector was bought for the showing!!
A large part of Core as filmed in Rocklands.
Entrance fee R50

Core cityrock

CORE goes to the heart of climbing. Join an international cast of the sport’s most dedicated athletes as they stick it when it matters most. Shot in 35mm Ultra High Definition, get ready to see every detail of some of the nastiest pieces of rock ever climbed.

Be there, in the moment, as a 5.14 traditional route gets its first ascent. See the actual first ascent footage from Livin Large, Nalle Hukkataival’s monster 8C. See first ascent footage from Fred Nicole’s hardest-ever project in Switzerland. These are the moments and the athletes that define our sport, captured in Cinema-quality 4K Ultra High Definition.

Viva la VidaViva La Vida

Earlier this year three South African climbers left it all to spend 2 months living the dream in the mecca of hard sport climbing, Spain.

This is a glimpse of that journey, the places, people and the life, featuring Arjan de Kock, Andrew Pedley and Micky Wiswedel at some of the best crags in the world, Siurana,
Margalef and Rodellar.

30 minutes of living the life… with a bit a of climbing too

• CityROCK
  • Wednesday, 15 September
  • 8:30 pm
  • See you there

Click here to view the preview of CORE on YouTube

, ,

10 Responses to CORE Showing at CityROCK – Wednesday, 15 September

1. Col Sep 7, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

Tuesday 14 September or Wednesday 15 September?

2. emile Sep 7, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

what’s the chance of buying a copy of “Viva la Vida” for us here behind the boerie curtain?

3. Robert Breyer Sep 7, 2010 at 6:28 pm #

Wednesday 15 September.

4. Micky Sep 8, 2010 at 9:36 pm #

I wont have time to make dvd copies before the viewing unfortunately, I’m off to India on a shoot on Sunday. The movie was never intended as a dvd to buy, its basically just 30mins of our holiday in Spain. If after seeing it you are still keen to have your own copy you can email me and i’ll make a plan :)

5. Shorti Sep 9, 2010 at 9:51 am #

I’d like to see it too! Emile wasn’t talking about the boerie curtain around Bellville, we live in the far Northern reaches were wild things roam. Anyway it would be great if we could make a plan. Maybe do something like Jeremy did with Unfinished Business?

6. Micky Sep 9, 2010 at 11:39 am #

I do plan on posting it in 3 sections on Vimeo when i get back. If you still want a copy i’ll organise when i’m back :) Right now i’m still frantically trying to finish the edit before sunday

7. Shorti Sep 9, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

Fantastic! I’ll download it then. Thanks

8. Gustav Sep 10, 2010 at 7:53 am #

You’ll be able to see Viva la Vida @ the ‘Boven Roc Rally – you are surely coming?

9. Shorti Sep 10, 2010 at 9:21 am #

Oh, cool! I wanted to go to the Towerkop thing, but then remembered I have a bachelors to go to, then realised it’s a different weekend, but now I don’t think I’ll make the walk-in. So yes, I suppose I can just as well come help you guys. Someone has to expose Mok to good music in any case…

10. Justin Lawson Sep 16, 2010 at 7:38 am #

The show was great. For me, CORE was ok, I enjoyed the Rocklands stuff (biased) the most. But what really took the evening away was Mickys film ‘Viva la Vida’.
    Considering the budget (I can hear Micky saying ‘what budget’??) the multiple film angles, editing and much jumaring that must have been done to get the shots… what an awesome film!
    It was certainly the highlight of the evening for me.

Great job guys