If you are interested in one of these meets, please contact your local MCSA
The American Alpine Club is hosting its annual International Climbers Meet (ICM), we would like the UIAA to extend an invitation to all of its members to participate in this annual event to be held the week of Oct 8
1. The American Alpine Club Seeks Climbers to join the ’2012 International Climbers’ Meet: 8 – 13 October 2012 October 13, 2012 in Yosemite Valley.
Experience with placement and removal of protection, multi-pitch rope management, at least two years of technical rock climbing, and the ability to follow sustained 5-8 granite is mandatory. The goal is to host a diverse group of climbing abilities from a multitude of countries. American Alpine Club members from the USA will be participating again this year.
The fee is $450 USD per person. Participants provide their own transportation to Fresno, California airport.
Your fee includes:
· Pick up Fresno airport October 7 by 7:00 PM local time, drop off at Fresno airport October 14 by 11:00 AM local time. **
· Transportation in Yosemite Valley
· Six nights and days camping at secluded Yellow Pines camp ground
· Three catered meals per day
· Five and one half days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
· One half day of a stewardship project for Yosemite Valley National Park
· Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
· Partner with other participants or experienced host climbers
2. Ukranian Mountaineering and Climbing Federation: 9 – 20 JULY 2012 :
MOUNT ELBRUS, CENTRAL CAUCASUS. Deadline for Applications: 1 MAY 2012
*Age of Participants: *18 – 30 Years.
*PRICE: Euro 360
*Place of arrival:* Mineralny Vody Airport, Russia
*Transfers:* bus transfer (160 kms) from airport to Base Camp and then as per programme (not included in package cost)
*Accommodation:* Tents, or houses (latter at an additional cost)
*Expedition conditions/experience required: *Participants must have prior experience of mountain travel and lodging in tents; also preferable to have experience of hiking using crampons. Conditions are likely to be cold, with strong winds and cloudy conditions.
*Price includes: *Russian visa support documentation (invitation); meeting at Mineralny Vody Airport; accommodation at base camp; meals; acclimatisation training; registration in Russia fees and permit for entering the border zone.
*Price excludes: *transport from Mineralny Vody to base camp and back; other transport expenses (estimate Euro 90); National Park taxes “Prielbrusye”; cableway tickets to the slopes of Mt Elbrus (± Euro 45); any private excusions, telephone calls, etc.
3. The Cllimbing Federation of Russia, Children’s Olympic Reserve School of Mountaineering Sports of Yekaterinburg, Youth Mountain Club “Voskhozhdenie” invites young people to participate in an International Youth Rock Climbing and Mountaineering Festival “EUROPE – ASIA 2012″.
*Dates: *08 July – 02 August 2012 OR selected programmes within this period
*Place: * The rocks area “Shikhan” (near Yekaterinburg); and other
*venues near Baikal Lake, Russia.
*Participants: *Youth members aged 18 – 25 years old. Foreign
*participants will be limited to 20.
*Accommodation/meals: * In tents; full board.
*Price for the program: *Euro 350, which includes certain transportation from Yekaterinburg. (does not include international travel to Yekaterinburg)
Deadline for registration: by 16 June 2012.*
4. French Alpine Club FEDERATION – ARIEGE, South of France
Dates: 7 – 12 July 2012
Place: * Gite Les Oustalour, Les Cabannes, Ariège, South of France
(approximately 120 kms from Tolouse)
Participants: *Youth members aged 16 – 25 years old. Participants younger than 18 years old have to be accompanied by an approved Federation Youth climber/leader. A maximum of 3 participants per member Federation will be allowed.
Accommodation/meals: * Rooms for 2 people sharing; all meals and lunch packs will be provided by event organiser and will be prepared by the youth. Attention: the alcohol consumption by the young people is forbiddenduring the camp.
Experience: *Participants should lead climb at a minimum of 5b French grade.
Insurance*: Participants should get themselves insurance for accident, rescue, third party liability and travel which is valid for participating in the programme of climbing and trekking. This cover note of insurance should be presented to the organisers on arrival.
Price: EURO 12 PER PARTICIPANT PER NIGHT, *payable on arrival to the Organisers, which includes accommodation; full board; leading and organisational costs included. Does not include travel to Toulouse.
Meeting point: Toulouse, on Thursday morning, 7 July 2012. *Exact local will follow depending on participants’ travel eg: flight, train, etc.
Deadline for registration: 20 June 2012.
Place, date and time* of arrival and *transport*, which you plan to use (and number of train or flight) :
/* – By train in Toulouse Station (or there is a station at Les Cabannes, 3 minutes away from the gite): */ By plane, at the //airport// of //Toulouse Blagnac//: /
*Goal of Climbing Camp: * to practice many forms of climbing, cliffs with one pitch, or multi-pitch routes, on different rock types, granite or limestone.