The African Alpine Adventures Photo Competition for this year is about getting out into the mountains in winter! Entries have closed but the best snow and ice photos from the African continent of 2012 have been submitted (see below).
Thanks to all of the photographers for their fantastic photos. A shortlist will be compiled and send to the judges.
The shortlist and winners will be announced and displayed at the MSCA on the 6th of November. We look forward to seeing you there.
- 1st prize is a pair of La Sportiva Trango Alp Gore-Tex boots (RSP R3 500
- 2nd prize is your choice of one of the latest DMM Ice Axes (The Apex, The Fly or The Raptor, RSP up to R2 200)
- 3rd prize is a Wild Country Alpine Shield Helmet (RSP R940)
- Judging will be done by 3 qualified and independent Judges. There will however be a separate prize for the photo with the most ‘likes’.
- The photographs submitted for the competition must depict an Alpine type scene in Africa .
- The photographs must be from the 2011 or the 2012 winter period, unfortunately only these current photographs will be accepted for submission.
- The Photographer wins the prize and not the model or subjects in the image.
- Images may be Graded but further post-production work will not be accepted for the competition.
- We must be given full rights from the Photographer to use the photo post competition in any way we and/or our sponsors see fit. The photographer will be given credit on the final image
- It is the photographer’s responsibility to get permission from the models/subjects for us to use the photograph in any way Outward Ventures and/or our sponsors see fit during and post competition.
- Outward Ventures and/or our sponsors cannot be held responsible or liable for any injury and/or loss incurred to you or your subject due to you/their participation in the competition.
- Entrants must reside in South Africa and entries from other countries will not be considered.
- To send us your submissions, please send the image to email@example.com (please add the reference ‘African Alpine Adventures’). Please give your photograph a name; tell us where it is (a little background story never goes amiss either).
- Competition entries must be received by 12pm 31st of September 2012, no late entries will be accepted.