Student rock climbing in the Eastern Cape

Student rock climbing in Port Elizabeth South Africa.  What your weekends should look like.

YouTube Preview Image

7 Responses to Student rock climbing in the Eastern Cape

1. Cathrine May 20, 2014 at 10:27 am #

There are really exciting developments in youth climbing happening in Eastern Cape at the moment. This video actually forms part of a proposal for NMMU to adopt sport climbing as an official sport and build a indoor sport wall for the first time ever !

Starting this club from scratch is hard work so thanks for the share ! We appreciate the exposure! :)

If anyone is interested in getting involved /supporting our club in anyway or wants more information please drop me an email: cathyannkate@gmail.com or give our Facebook page some love at https://www.facebook.com/adventureclubPE .

Note : We are currently existing as ‘Adventure Club’ with the support of the Mountain Club of South Africa -Eastern Province Section. This is our interim name pending NMMU hopefully adopting the club.

2. Warren Gans May 20, 2014 at 10:31 am #

What a rad little video! Made it look like a jol, complete with girls in bikinis. Cape Town has just entered the Down jacket time of year.

3. Justin Lawson May 20, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

Great vid! Makes me want to go visit :)

4. Jen Sutherland May 20, 2014 at 1:53 pm #

Catherine, is that Keith James early in the video?
    He was my English teacher in Standard 6 (way back in 1980!)

• keith james May 22, 2014 at 11:27 am #

Not in the video, I’m afraid, Jen. But definitely here in the eastern cape and still climbing lots – but mostly under the radar. Email me.

• Jen Sutherland May 29, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

My name may not ring a bell… but the nickname you dished out in class one day may help. Basher :)
        Am new(ish) to this forum… not sure where I can find your email address?

5. Cathrine May 20, 2014 at 9:38 pm #

Hey , no ! Its not ! :) thats Mr Van der Berg , a music teacher at Alex.