Western Cape Provincial Boulder League 2017 schedule:
- Round 1 (NBL Qualifier): Tuesday 7 Feb
- Round 2 (NBL Qualifier): Friday 17 Feb
- Round 3 (NBL Qualifier): Tuesday 21 Feb
- Round 4 (NBL Qualifier): Tuesday 28 Feb
Western Cape Provincial Bouldering Youth U13-U19 comp: 4-5 March
- Round 5 (NBL Qualifier): Tuesday 7 March
- Round 6: Tuesday 14 March
- Round 7: Friday 24 March
- Round 8, prize giving and braai: Tuesday 28 March
Bouldering Nationals: 1-2 April
Keep your own scores and fill out the online indemnity and score card:
Click THIS LINK for online form:
Please note that the first 5 rounds of Boulder League are qualifying rounds, to be selected for the Western Cape Climbing provincial team for the SANCF South African National Climbing Federation National Bouldering Comp to be held 1st – 2nd April. You have to attend these 5 rounds if you want to qualify for the Nationals.
- Start on the holds marked with “S”
- All problems are ‘tracking’ – that means you can only use marked foot holds
- To get the * hold (half points), you have to establish on the hold and attempt to move off it (i.e. not just hit it)
- To ‘complete’ the problem, you have to MATCH hands on the finishing hold and be established enough to hold for 3 seconds.
- Registration for Boulder League 2017 is R 50.00 (once off payment). Pay in CASH to Zoe
- You are required to complete the online indemnity form.
- There is no commitment to attend all rounds. You can attend as many/as few as you choose (unless you want to compete in Nationals – then you have to compete in the first 5 rounds).
- Subsequent rounds are R 10.00 each week
- To save trees and admin we won’t have paper scorecards. Keep track of what you climb and complete your own scores on the online scorecard submission form (be honest – big bouldering brother is watching you)
Western Cape Boulder League