About two weeks back we went and had sneak preview at the new CityROCK climbing gym in Paarden Eiland.
We were super impressed! The place is massive!! The warehouse roof was adapted and made higher to allow for higher climbing walls and cooling. Two motorised garage doors open up and will allow for hot air to escape as well getting fresh air into the facility and if you can climb up that high you get rewarded with an awesome view of Table Mountain 🙂
Parking issues will be a thing of the past as there is a hypermarket’s amount of secure parking outside the front door.
As to be expected, everything will be bigger and better – see for yourself in the pics below.
The new CityROCK 2.0 by the numbers:
- Opening Date: 1 December 2017
- Building size 3,600 m2 (about 4x the current gym and 900 m2 bigger than Johannesburg).
- Roped climbing up to 16 m high.
- 1,000 m2 floor area of high climbing walls, with 150 top anchors.
- 750 m2 floor area of bouldering.
- Two 15m IFSC speed wall routes.
- Ten Auto Belays.
- 30,000 grips.
- A dedicated kids climbing area, for birthday parties and kids programs.
- 370 m2 of cardio, weights and fitness.
- 80 m2 of system, campus, moon, hang, peg, compression and Pluto boards.
- Over 100 safe and secure parking bays.
- 250 m2 gear shop, almost double our current size.
- 100 m2 yoga studio, 4x our current size.