Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival 2019
Every year the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) gathers the finest on mountain related film-making from across the globe.
The films focus on outdoor adventure, mountaineering, the environment and mountain cultures. The best of this collection of unique and inspiring short films then tours internationally and is coming to South Africa this July. It will be showing at a variety of locations around the country through to the end of October
This year VIMFF will be screening two distinct and separate programmes: the Enviro-Culture Programme and the Adventure Programme
The VIMFF Adventure Programme features a selection of films centred specifically around mountain adventure including: rock climbing, trail running, alpinism, mountain biking, white water paddling and extreme skiing.
The VIMFF Enviro-Culture Programme focuses on issues of environmental conservation and appreciation of different cultures from around the world.
Some of the themes addressed include:
- River conservation & the anti–dams movement in the Balkans
- Patagonia – photography as a career and conservation tool
- Global warming & responsible development
- Mountain usage – responsible use & the impact of social media
- Cape Town – Ndabeni – 29th July to 2nd August
- Hilton KZN – Hilton Arts Festival – 14th and 15th September
- JHB – 21st August – more dates to be confirmed
- Cape Town – Kirstenbosch – date to be confirmed
- Cape Town – Just Like Papa – October/November date to be confirmed
More info visit: https://vimff.co.za
Book your tickets: https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=1492067292
The Vancouver International Mountain Film festival is proudly brought to you by Ram Mountaineering – importer & distributor of the finest outdoor brands on the planet.
For more information and booking please visit www.VIMFF.co.za or contact Deidre on 021 532 0549