“A dragon without fangs is only a lizard”, I mused when Matthys and Werner raised the challenge to do the 250km Grand Traverse of the Umkhahlamba Drakensberg.
Author Archive | admin
As we anticipated for years, they have Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) of their stainless steel bolts, just as Cayman Brac and Thailand used to have.
Well done to Matt Bush as the overall winner of the 2013 Montagu Rock Rally!
Tags: rock rally
50% of the proceeds will be given to good South African climbing causes, with a sport climbing focus.
Tags: Waterval Boven
Better than Rocklands, a shorter drive, and hotter showers in the campsite… What more could you possibly ask for?
Tags: Gydo Pass
Some of you will remember the great success we had at the Table Mountain Cleanup (TM Cleanup) last year, well we are doing it again!
Tags: Table Mountain
Last summer the professional mountain climbers Michi Wohlleben, Arne Bergau and Hannes Jähn made an attempt to ascend the 6,094 metre Jirishanca.
There is one month to go before the start of the Easter Bouldering Festival.
Cape Union Mart invites local film-makers and outdoorsmen to contribute to the Cape Union Mart Adventure Film Challenge 2013.
In June 2012, four very excited South Africans and one grumpy Scottish sea dog set sail for the adventure of their lives.
Tags: Arctic Expedition
Gosia has made quite a name for herself over the recent years with hard sends and ascents of big walls.
Tags: Gosia Lipinska
Icebreaker Review by Malcom Gowans. “I’ve been testing out my Icebreakers on multi-pitch sport routes, wintery trail runs, sweating and grunting while missioning up bushy kloofs in search of illusive trad lines and TACFIT training on cold rainy beaches.”
Pyranha Stunts is looking for a male climber around 22 years old to be cast in an Indian film.
It’s Boven Roc Rally time again!!!
Tags: Boven Roc Rally
Ultra lightweight shoe suitable for Vertical Kilometre competitions and uphill races, where lightweight and grip are fundamental. Each element – from the Morpho Dynamic sole to the Spandex uppers – have been carefully designed to minimise weight. Where every gram counts, Vertical K is the answer. Upper Mesh + spandex gaiter Lining Non slide fabric [...]
A couple of years ago we decided to expand our cam range by producing a single stem design with a dual axle. A simple enough proposal you might think, but not if you want to make a cam that would stand head and shoulders above the rest. The main advantage of the single stem [...]
Hurricanes & Typhoons will make landfall at: Address:Cape Town (Cape Quarter, Somerset Rd Greenpoint) AND Johannesburg (Sandton City) www.driftersoutdoor.co.za or visit Edelrid.co.za In the sports news, some of South Africa’s top climbers have listed their Top Sends in Edelrid shoes below… Steve Bradshaw, “Here are some climbs from the last 6 months in China.” 1 [...]
The SA and Zim flags are flying in Camp 4, and 2 vuvuzelas are there as well. The idea is for us to blow them each time we send a route, get excited or just whenever.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Woods, Robinson Repeat The Ice Knife (V15) May 23, 2013
- On the ARk May 23, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...