Today’s astronomy session shall be straight to the to the point, much like a bayonet, but hopefully less painful. Fear not, there is also a climbing tale…
Archive | Articles RSS feed for this section
Clinton has opened new routes in Oorlogs Kloof and re-bolted a crag in the area whilst Jimbo has been hard at work on TM with a new line and a couple of hard onsights.
Niel Mostert and Hermann Rabe video of Bouldering in Hampi
Join us for a lekker path-building, litter collection and bolting meet at Chosspile on Saturday 23rd February!
Duncan Fraser (21) has been awarded the 2013 MCSA Supertramp Award.
Ant Hall is accompanying a group of UCT geologists who will be performing research on mountain ranges in Antarctica. Antarctica Trip
Cogne is in the Italian Alps in the Gran Paradiso National Park. It is one of the most consistent ice climbing venues in the Alps and is considered by many as Italy’s premium ice climbing venue.
Tags: Robert Powell
In January 2013, Jimbo Smith made the second ascent of Dave Birkett’s routes Double Jeopardy grade (30 trad) on Table Mountain.
Southern Rock is excited to bring you the second in a series of four bouldering competitions.
On Wednesday, January 16th, a lightning storm sparked several fires throughout the northern and central Cederberg mountains.
The top 5 boulderers from the provincial final, per category, will represent Gauteng Climbing at the SANCF National Competition taking place in Cape Town at CityROCK
Gosia Lipinska, Julia Wakeling and Hector Pringle summited Fitzroy on Saturday night and are down safe and partying tonight.
The NBL was started in 2002 at St Peter’s bouldering wall (then called The Cage) by Eric Riemann who also initiated the term National Bouldering League or NBL
“I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but by how high he bounces when he hits bottom” General George S. Patton.
The route became quite a mental battle as after a while both Dewald and myself would get to our personal crux move, fall and then be able to get through.
Robert and Trish from MMO speak to us about their decision to bring Mammut ropes back to the South African climbing market.
Gosia Lipinska climbs Dream Street Rose – grade 28. To date, the hardest trad lead by an SA woman.
I named the Chosfather in celebration of Gauteng’s oldest proper strong-man, Colin Crabtree, who has been ‘chossing-it’ since before there was even a damn at Harties.
Cape Union Mart invites local film-makers and outdoorsmen to contribute to the Cape Union Mart Adventure Film Challenge 2013.
In June 2012, four very excited South Africans and one grumpy Scottish sea dog set sail for the adventure of their lives.
Tags: Arctic Expedition
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- Hilton: Thanks Ebert and Nic!...
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...