At its best, a route name hints at the nature of the route, or encapsulates the story of its opening ascent, or makes reference to a prominent feature found along the way; at its worst, it describes the route’s principal physical feature in unflattering or prosaic terms.
Archive | Network RSS feed for this section
Tags: Table Mountain
Elsa van der Merwe has done it again! Cranking hard, Elsa recently sent the classic 24 in Rocklands Cedar Rouge and so has become Rock Chick of the Month for the second time.
A small team comprised of Steve Bradshaw, Dave Glass, Clinton Marteningo and Andrew Porter have established a series of new rock climbs in Greenland.
Tags: Alex Honnold
I was at the gym a while back when a climber I know showed up looking shredded, with muscles and veins a-bulging.
The list of climbers of have confirmed they will take part at The North Face Kalymnos Climbing Festival which will take place on the Greek island from 26 – 30 September 2012.
Tags: Via Ferrata
We would like to congratulate Ingrid Mostert on realizing one of her climbing goals. Since Ingrid participated in the Black Diamond Tradathon earlier this year, she has persisted in leading more trad and has succeeded in two instances.
After more than a year of filming, the Wild One* movie is finally finished. The movie is a 87 min documentary about the world famous handicap climber Philippe Ribiere who was born with the Rubenstein-Taybi Syndrome which is a series of several handicaps that includes various deformities. Abandoned by both parents on Martinique and adopted by a French family at age four.
If you’re trying to poach Everest—that is, climb it without a permit—keeping to yourself and camping away from other groups is a dead giveaway.
In my opinion, EVERY athlete – irrespective of sport or discipline – has the potential to enhance his or her ability by adopting a consistent yoga practice.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PAUSE 8 May 21, 2013
- Lee Den Hond becomes the third South African woman to summit Everest May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...