The South African National Parks (SANParks) said in an effort to transform the National Parks visitor demographics it has recoded good results with the increase in Black visitors.
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
An adventure film by the Mixon’s – Nepal April 2013. Trekking to Annapurna Base camp.
Climbers report that rangers have recently been requiring them to produce ‘My Activity Permits’ for a wide range of climbing activities in the Park.
A new body has been elected which will advise the Langeberg Municipality on matters regarding nature reserves within the Langeberg, including the Montagu Mountain Reserve and Dassieshoek.
Marijus Šmigelskis on the first ascent of “Los Muizenbergos” 8A in Topside.
Number limits for entry to the Magaliesberg Tradathon.
Cyclists are getting proactive against thieves and robbers in the Table Mountain National Park, raising funds independently for surveillance cameras and new crime patrols at hot spots on the mountain.
The City of Cape Town is exploring ways of lighting up Signal Hill without affecting ships at sea.
Brain Weaver sending Just Behrly
Tags: Brian Weaver
Fun video of guys climbing Arrow Final on Table Mountain.
Tags: Table Mountain
The good people at Slingsby Maps are presently compiling, with the full cooperation of Cape Nature, a new hiking map of the Cederberg.
Follow the year-long story of Dave Graham as he goes after the first ascent of his latest project,
Tags: Dave Graham
A new short video featuring Adam Ondra´s old climbs of three 9a – 9a+ routes, which were initially filmed for the movie The Wizard´s Apprentice, but did not make it into the final version of the movie.
Tags: Adam Ondra
Beth Rodden proved that women could climb just as hard—if not harder—than men.
Tags: Beth Rodden
Jon Griffith, Ueli Steck and Simone Moro have been attacked by Sherpas on Everest.
Alexander Megos sends what is probably the hardest route in Frankenjura, Classified, 9a+, on the Holzgauer wand.
Tags: Alexander Megos
Learn how both of these moves can help you conserve energy on steep terrain and move more efficiently.
This phenomenal Margalef test-piece was put up by Chris Sharma in the winter of 2010.
Tags: Ethan Pringle
Armed with shovels and a lot of psyche, boulderers built platforms under some of the hardest routes on the edge, transforming them from dangerous solos into highball boulder problems.
Norwegian climber Magnus Midtbø has joined the very small number of climbers who have onsighted 5.14c with an ascent of Cosi Fan Tutte in Rodellar, Spain.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Griffith, Steck and Moro Attacked On Everest April 29, 2013
- Total black visitors increase in SANParks May 20, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- Hilton: Thanks Ebert and Nic!...
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...