Denis Urubko, awarded with Boris Dedeshko of Piolet d’Or 2010, topped out Lhotse on Sunday, May 16th at 11.30.
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The filmakers have kindly allowed me to use it to fundraise. All I need now is a CROWD. Please come support my cause and enjoy a quality movie.
The 1st Boulder World Cup of the year is over with America and Austria taking gold. Silver went to Akiyo Noguchi of Japan and Adam Ondra of the Czech Republic. Bronze was taken by Christian Core of Italy & Chloe Graftiaux of Belgium
Tags: Boulder World Cup
Alex Honnold had a wild and windy mega-day at Red Rock Canyon, Nevada, at the end of April, enchaining three long routes free-solo.
Japanese climbers Yasushi Okada and Katsutaka “Jumbo” Yokoyama have completed one of the great unclimbed walls in North America: the south face of Mt. Logan, Canada’s highest peak.
A North West province hiker had a miraculous escape when he fell nearly 5m while hiking in the Magaliesberg outside Pretoria shattering both his feet.
Dave Graham has spent the last few days in Stockholm, hosting clinics, showing photos, setting a route, talking a lot, chillin’, and also bouldering a bit.
Tags: Dave Graham
I have received with concern three reports of attacks on hikers in the Skeleton Gorge – Newlands Forest – Rhodes Memorial area during this week (10 – 14 May).
Dai Koyamada has made the 2nd ascent of Dave Graham’s The story of 2 worlds on the Dreamtime boulder in Cresciano.
British climber Hazel Findlay has ticked the run-out and tenuous test-piece of Air Sweden (5.13R) at Indian Creek, USA.
On their second attempt, Americans Mark Allen and Graham Zimmerman completed a significant new route on Mt. Bradley (9,100′/2,774m) in the Ruth Gorge of Alaska in early April.
Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu has urged Capetonians, their fellow South Africans and international fans to cast their vote for Table Mountain in the Official New7Wonders of Nature campaign.
Beit Bridge baboons are making monkeys out of the nature conservation officials sent to prevent them stealing from people at the Limpopo border post, says Independent Democrats MP Joe McGluwa.
Working sherpas on the south side bagged the season’s first Everest summits today. Hordes of climbers will follow as soon as the current rough weather conditions improve.
Young Adam Ondra is visiting Britain, in particular the climbs at Malham Cove and Kilnsey where he has climbed and attempted some of the hardest routes in the country established by Steve McClure.
KATHMANDU (Reuters) – South Korean climber Oh Eun-sun on Monday defended her claim to be the first woman to scale all 14 of the world’s peaks over 8,000 metres after doubts were raised over one of her climbs last year.
The great mountain lies on the border between the two countries and they have disagreed for nearly 150 years over its exact height, which Nepal had put at 8,848 metres (29,029 feet) — nearly 13 feet more than the measurement used by China.
Just a quick reminder that the first High School Lead competition takes place this Friday and Saturday at Wonder Wall in Kya Sands.
From 2004, cool vid with some great awesome 90′s editing
Video by Gordon Forbes
Kojetin has set his sights on Africa’s highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro. Kilimanjaro – which means Where God Lives in Swahili – is in Tanzania and is the highest freestanding mountain in the world at 5895m above sea level.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...
- BAbycoat: My! what a discussion. There seems to be two pa...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @ Martin I am not arguing on this point. I am jus...