Clinton has opened new routes in Oorlogs Kloof and re-bolted a crag in the area whilst Jimbo has been hard at work on TM with a new line and a couple of hard onsights.
Archive | Reports RSS feed for this section
Niel Mostert and Hermann Rabe video of Bouldering in Hampi
Join us for a lekker path-building, litter collection and bolting meet at Chosspile on Saturday 23rd February!
Duncan Fraser (21) has been awarded the 2013 MCSA Supertramp Award.
Ant Hall is accompanying a group of UCT geologists who will be performing research on mountain ranges in Antarctica. Antarctica Trip
Cogne is in the Italian Alps in the Gran Paradiso National Park. It is one of the most consistent ice climbing venues in the Alps and is considered by many as Italy’s premium ice climbing venue.
Tags: Robert Powell
In January 2013, Jimbo Smith made the second ascent of Dave Birkett’s routes Double Jeopardy grade (30 trad) on Table Mountain.
Southern Rock is excited to bring you the second in a series of four bouldering competitions.
On Wednesday, January 16th, a lightning storm sparked several fires throughout the northern and central Cederberg mountains.
The top 5 boulderers from the provincial final, per category, will represent Gauteng Climbing at the SANCF National Competition taking place in Cape Town at CityROCK
Gosia Lipinska, Julia Wakeling and Hector Pringle summited Fitzroy on Saturday night and are down safe and partying tonight.
The NBL was started in 2002 at St Peter’s bouldering wall (then called The Cage) by Eric Riemann who also initiated the term National Bouldering League or NBL
“I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but by how high he bounces when he hits bottom” General George S. Patton.
The route became quite a mental battle as after a while both Dewald and myself would get to our personal crux move, fall and then be able to get through.
Gosia Lipinska climbs Dream Street Rose – grade 28. To date, the hardest trad lead by an SA woman.
I named the Chosfather in celebration of Gauteng’s oldest proper strong-man, Colin Crabtree, who has been ‘chossing-it’ since before there was even a damn at Harties.
Ed February speaks about mountaineering in our modern day.
Tags: Ed February
The winners of the African Alpine Adventures Photographic Competition have been announced.
Montagu: Waterworld is Climbable Again! Waterworld base build report: The work meet was a great success and (although some work is still needed) Waterworld is back.
Brian Weaver gives us an account of his latest experience, “On my way back I came across a little black snake. I took some pictures and then I picked it up. It was totally chilled at first and I carried it a bit, then it bit me twice.”
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Woods, Robinson Repeat The Ice Knife (V15) May 23, 2013
- On the ARk May 23, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...