A climbing gym has been long awaited in Durban. We now have a great climbing and social facility that is child friendly and open seven days a week.
Archive | Reports RSS feed for this section
The weekend I opened the climb I was actually suffering from Golfer’s Elbow in my left arm. It had been a problem for the previous three weeks and I have taken the entire week off to let it rest (for me 5 rest days is psychotic).
Tags: Brian Weaver
We chose as our goal one of Bob’s secret unclimbed walls which we’ve been calling the Polar Molar for it’s tooth-like appearance and pearly-white enamel surface.
After heavy rainfall last night and this morning, Montagu is flooded in with incoming roads from the N1, N2 and pass to Ashton being closed.
Rain is still falling in Montagu.
The outdoors is getting greater. More people going outdoors, that translates to more customers and more stuff to buy and sell. Business is good.
For the week leading up to Rockstock 2012, Cody, Justin, Thys and I were checking weather reports almost hourly, comparing forecasts, and trying decide whether the event should go ahead or if we should postpone.
After a few days rest we picked out a potential line on Impossible Wall and packed our haulbags: 80 litres of water, 100 cans of food and a mountain of hardware and ropes, over 300 kg in total.
I must admit that growing up in the mountains of the Western Cape, no matter how you explore them, doesn’t adequately prepare you for alpine experiences.
The South African team have left for Trango and are making good progress
A group of five girls from St Mary’s School (Waverley, Johannesburg) and their parents made history by trekking to Everest earlier this year.
The thought of having to go through planning another w/e outweighed my bed, which my oh so sexy girlfriend was keeping warm.
Tags: Anchor Replacement Fund
The Gravity Festival started 10 years ago as a gathering of white water enthusiasts and has gradually grown into a multi-discipline festival of adventure sports
Tags: rock rally
The next day we woke up early and headed northwards through the iconic Disko Bay, home of the largest glacier on the west coast of Greenland.
We have just penetrated the arctic circle. This means we are now north of 66.3 degrees latitude, the point at which the sun never sets on the summer solstice (June 21). Weather has been misty and drizzly for the last few weeks, but Bob assures us this means we have 10-15 good days coming up. [...]
Started from humble beginnings in 2007 with the idea of bringing all the climbers in Rocklands together it has grown into what must be one of the greatest climbing parties in the world.
Cogman’s Kloof road is due for an upgrade in the next 18 months or so and the public is being asked to give comment.
Starting from the end of May and during at least the whole of June (incl the 30 June weekend) the MCSA has contracted two security personnel to patrol the Northern end of the MCSA Tonquani , Boulder Kloof and Cederberg properties.
Stage 1 of our adventure is now complete. We have crossed the Atlantic and have reached Greenland.
The beginning of the weekend, and the end of yet another gruelling week of labour and stress. For a select few, however, that statement could not have been more false.
If you go down to the Steeple today, you’re in for a big surprise…
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- Hilton: Thanks Ebert and Nic!...
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...