When I first bolted and started working Helium Dreams at Umgeni Valley, it felt so impossible that I thought it would represent a huge jump in my strength.
Archive | Reports RSS feed for this section
All the entries have been posted here. Thanks to all of the photographers for their fantastic photos
Tags: Photo Competition
This year, July Camp offers another new Base Camp site! This time in the beautiful Cobham Valley, that most people only know, if at all, from crossing through it on the Giant’s Cup Trail which runs South from Sani to Bushman’s Neck.
Quote of the day came from Andrew when he said, “we should turn before we hit the rocks”…
Steve has teamed up with three friends South Africa (Dave, Andrew, and Ningo) and Scottish sea captain Bob Shepton (aka Captain Bob). They’re taking a 7000km journey through the Arctic’s Northwest passages to do some big wall climbing on remote walls.
The long awaited RD for the new route at Silvermine main crag opened by Malcolm Gowans and Jason Temple-Forbes.
It’s true, Spain is filled with lots of creamy gorgeous limestone…
Four climbers go on a climbing road trip across South Africa. Visiting Oudtshoorn, Harrismith and Waterval Boven.
Let’s be honest to ourselves about our motivations for climbing; and let’s be aware of the impact our adventures have on the adventures and dreams of others.
Constituting the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro is slowly building up its snow cover, allaying the fears of prominent scientists who had predicted witnessing the eminence lose its famous white hat.
You won’t believe how many hysterical girls have shouted to me from the cable car on TM. Yeah, I regularly get the “O.M.G!” while I still got my shirt on.
Tags: Richard Halsey
After a long morning of climbing for the four of us, with varying degrees of success, we headed back over to The Cauldron.
Black Diamond, Beal & Saltic are proud to welcome their new climbing team member, Steve Bradshaw.
International climbing meets 2012
I am very pleased to report that we have managed to raise a substantial amount of money for the new bolts.
Tags: Anchor Replacement Fund
The surprise announcement that the province was planning a cable car in the uKhahlamba Drakensberg could take the local tourism industry to new heights.
Joe Möhle has compiled an RD for the Crystal Dream Palace Crag in Hermanus.
Tags: Joe Mohle
New routes continue to be opened on the wonderful cliffs of Boven; the updated guide includes new access and route info and is now at 126 pages!
Tags: Waterval Boven
Sasha DiGiulian has done it again – after ‘Pure Imagination’ (36/9a), she sends ‘Era Bella’ (36/9a) that was established by Chris Sharma in Spanish Margalef.
Tags: Sasha Digiulian
Life is not good right now, and I have clearly tugged on one grass tuft and trusted one dodgy piece of weetbix too many.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...
- BAbycoat: My! what a discussion. There seems to be two pa...