All information and data contained in these pages is copyrighted to Climb ZA. No reproduction in whole or of any part of this site is allowed without the prior written permission of Climb ZA.
Long version of ‘treat other people the way you would like to be treated’.
Now edited to clarify!
Hi there! This is a document that explains what we expect from you as a user of the site, and what you can expect from the site’s owners and staff. It is a civil agreement — we can’t force you to use the site, and you can’t force us to let you use it. But usually it’s in our mutual best interest to get along. Being a civil agreement, it is superseded by any applicable laws, and if you break those, you’re on your own…
Climb.co.za & climbing.co.za is a privately-owned, publicly-available resource and, while we encourage a free flow of information and ideas, we also ask that you follow a few basic rules. By using or participating on the site, you agree to the terms stated below. If you cannot or will not agree to them, please refrain from using the forums, routes database, and private messaging features of the site. As far as the owners are concerned, a user’s willful abrogation of this agreement releases us from any obligations towards that user.
Those of us who pay to host this website choose to republish the majority of user contributions because it’s an enjoyable way to build community and run a business. (Also because many of you are much better climbers and writers than we are!) However, there is no legal obligation for this website to republish anything from anyone. Please bear that in mind if you ever find yourself unclear on our obligations. The owners and admins are obligated to obey the laws of this land. When you submit something to this website, you are the author, not the publisher. This seems like a minor detail; it isn’t.
Any further obligations (beyond those legally required) that we may undertake are voluntary,
and your failure to observe these terms releases us from them.
Climb ZA is not responsible for messages posted on the Climb ZA Forums or the content therein. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this includes messages posted by Climb ZA personnel, representatives, moderators, administrators, and their agents by proxy. You use the site and the information contained within it at your own risk.
Climbing is a sport where you can be killed, maimed, or crippled even if you do everything right. Certain types of climbing can be almost as dangerous as driving to the crag! Proper technique and experience may limit the risks involved, and you are advised to seek professional instruction prior to attempting the activities depicted and discussed on the site. But in the end, you must accept these risks of your own volition, and we make no warranty that anything on the site is fit for the purpose of instruction, guidance, or consumption.
Everything on this site could be completely, dangerously false. We cannot accept liability for your actions should you choose to rely on the information which users have contributed to the site.
We retain the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Have fun, climb safe, and be excellent to each other.
– The owners and administrators of Climb ZA
The above text has been largely reproduced from rockclimbing.com
In addition, our old terms & conditions
- This site is owned and operated by Climb ZA of Cape Town, South Africa.
- The information contained within the www.climb.co.za & www.climbing.co.za websites may be accessed freely for personal and non-profit use only.
- The contents of the www.climb.co.za & www.climbing.co.za may not be reproduced in any form whatsoever, print or digital, (eg. within other websites, magazines, brochures, promotional material). Requests to use any material from the www.climb.co.za & www.climbing.co.za website should be directed in writing to info@climbing. co.za.
- Access to and the use of this site is subject to the provisions of this legal notice and by accessing this site you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms.
- The contents of this site do not constitute the provision of any legal representations or warranties. Whilst all reasonable precautions have been taken in the preparation of the information on this site, no reliance may be placed on this information and Climb ZA disclaims all representations, undertakings and warranties, including, but not limited, to warranties as to the dates, prices, quality, accuracy or content of products or and/or information of whatsoever nature and warranties of fitness for a particular purpose of information.
- Neither Climb ZA nor any of its directors, partners or representatives or employees or subcontractors shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage arising from any misrepresentations, negligence, omission of information or incomplete information, caused or resulting from any reliance on the contents of this site.
- Climb ZA does not warrant that the functions provided by this site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor that the site or the server that makes the site available are free from viruses or other harmful components. Climb ZA may suspend access to this site without notice at any time and accepts no liability for any consequences of the site being unavailable for any reason.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights on this site (including, but not limited to, web content and information, names, registered or unregistered or pending registration trade marks data, photographs and graphical images) is owned by Climb ZA. You may print or download material from this site only if such material is not stored on any medium other than for subsequent viewing, or it is not reproduced, modified, adapted or processed in any way. No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Climb ZA’s prior written permission.
- All risks arising from the use of this or any related site shall vest with you, the site user.
- This legal notice is governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa.
- The information given on this website regarding climbing areas and the routes should not be considered to be true or accurate (in fact, consider the whole website to be inaccurate – and the pictures too) . Please consult a recommended route book (and read their disclaimer) before going out to a climbing area. Route information, directions, where, how and what you might require (permits) can be found in these route books. In short, if you go into the mountains, kill/injure yourself, its not our fault.
- Don’t become a statistic.