If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Post Reply
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:03 am
Real Name: vallery
Location: cape town


Post by valconcorner » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 pm

These terms may be old to all and climbing sundry but here it goes ....
what is a Hueco and what the equivalent down here
whats a gaston and where does the name come from and why
rope gun ?
what are you doing if you are campusing

Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 pm
Real Name: Louis Louw

Re: terminology

Post by clickbutt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:22 pm

"Hueco is a Spanish word meaning hollows and refers to the many water-holding depressions in the boulders and rock faces throughout the region."


Rope gun - like in the super hero movies where they shoot a rope with hook up to the roof. A rope gun is a person that climbs better than you that puts up the rope so you can attempt the route - usually on top-rope. Personally I think this is a brilliant term!

Well, first try: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=campusing+climbing

Post Reply