Looking for climbing partner in Capetown during Christmas/ new year's time

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
snouk

Looking for climbing partner in Capetown during Christmas/ new year's time

Post by snouk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am

Hi!
My name is Anouk, I am swiss and will spend 3 weeks in Capetown (26 DEC16- 14 JAN 17) before a 2.5 months trip thru southern Africa and would like to climb a few times in the Capetown area. I am absolutely unknown to the area and am rather a beginner:-) In Switzerland I can climb up to 5c, I can do lead maybe up to 5b, depending on the rock..
I am 43 years old and started climbing about 3 years ago, on rather rare occasions though.
I would have to rent the equipment as I cannot take my own stuff into the airplane (maybe just my shoes).

Maybe I can find a partner here? would be fun!
Thanks for getting back to me if you find any time. I will have some language classes (isiZulu) as well but I should find some time to climb:-)

cheers, Anouk

Miotto

Re: Looking for climbing partner in Capetown during Christmas/ new year's time

Post by Miotto » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi Anouk,
I´m 31 years old Brazilian and climbing totally beginner. I will be in Capetown from the 5th to the 16th January (2017) and I’m thinking about doing a short trip to Rocklands and trying some bouldering. I can’t rope climb (don’t have any equipment and never did it before. :cyclops:)

Let me know if you are interested. Maybe we could find some more people to join in.

Cheers,
Miotto

snouk

Post by snouk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi Miotto
Let's stay in touch around the time when you're in Capetown, I will log into the forum around 5 JAN to check.
I prefer rope climbing to bouldering, to be honest but let's see (I can do both). Renting equipment is possible in the climbing hall.
To find a climber/guide knowing the region I will post a message also in the 'finding climbing partners' area, maybe someone answers that can guide us.
I could instruct you into belaying but we would need to first go to the climbing hall for practicing - and renting the harness etc.
CU later! Swiss and Brazilian climbers in Capetown sounds like fun:-)
ciao, Anouk

annselhorst

Post by annselhorst » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi Miotto and Anouk,

I'm from Belgium, 38 years old, and I will be in Cape Town till January 20th. I haven't been climbing for 4 months now and I really want to start training again (indoors and outdoors). So if you're looking for an extra climbing partner let me know. My level in Belgium was 6A but I don't have high hopes :-)

Cheers!
Ann

climbcityrock

Post by climbcityrock » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi All

CityROCK is a great way to meet new and local climbers.
CityROCK is an Indoor climbing gym with branches in Observatory, Cape Town and Randburg, Johannesburg - http://cityrock.co.za/

Besides getting some training in for your rock adventures you will, without doubt, meet some local climbers and the friendly CityROCK staff, who are all climbing obsessed, that can advise you or even take you along on their next outdoor climbing adventure.

Hope you have an amazing time in our beautiful country! :-)

winterpuc

Post by winterpuc » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Miotto,

I´m brazilian and I´ll be in SA at March. I´m very excited to climb in this beautiful place! Can you contact me? Follow my FB https://www.facebook.com/fernando.silva.12979431