Climbing partner for newbie

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Adri

Climbing partner for newbie

Post by Adri » Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi,

I have a membership at CitiRock and I'm looking for someone to climb with maybe twice a week. I've got some gear, but haven't done the Lead course yet...on my 'to-do' list this month. I'd like to also do any outdoor climbs in the Cape Town area (or at least go with and watch the excitement). I'm quite new...only 2 months in, got lots of energy and unfortunately the bug's hit and need to climb, so give me a shout!! ;)

Chat soon,
Adri

Franz

Re: Climbing partner for newbie

Post by Franz » Fri May 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey Adri,
Im not from the cape, but have climbed at CitiRock a few times.
My best advice is to go spend time bouldering there. Its quite the social affair, and you will soon meet up with likeminded people to climb with.
Be there at regular times, and you will get to know people that fit in with your schedule 8)

Good luck!

markuscarmohn

Re: Climbing partner for newbie

Post by markuscarmohn » Sat May 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi,

I am also looking for a climbing partner, and seeing that its winter, it might be a good idea to check out the citi rock hall. I have never been there, so let me know, when you go. I always work in the mornings to early afternoon, so late afternoons.evenings would be cool for me. And we could also in the outdoors, if the weather is good. Maybe you know some people, I dont have rope, but got shoes, harness, belay device and quick draws.
My number is: 0791565426

Cheers,
Markus