Seeking rock walls and people to climb with in Johannesburg

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
treez

Seeking rock walls and people to climb with in Johannesburg

Post by treez » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Does anyone know of a rock wall near the Oaklands area of Johannesburg? Looking for places to go during the week, but don't want to go all the way up to Wonderwall. Also seeking people to climb with if anyone's interested.

TipToe

Re: Seeking rock walls and people to climb with in Johannesb

Post by TipToe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi there, I'm looking for a climbing partner and live in the Oaklands (Glenhove Rd) area. Have also decided that Wonder Wall is too far to do climbing after work. Let me know if you are still looking for a climbing partner.

ADAMRAYNER

Post by ADAMRAYNER » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 pm

ROCKFIT they are just off Marlborough RD , they have built a new wall in Kramerville, check out their website www.rockfit.co.za
we can go to the wilds for a bit of bouldering & there is a nice stone wall on Munro drive to build up some finger strength.

treez

Post by treez » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

Hmmm that sounds great; the only wall I had heard of thus far that was closer than WonderWall was the one at University of Witwatersrand, and I couldn't find any other info on it other than the fact that it exists. Do you happen to know if they offer day passes at ROCKFIT as well (just to try it out) or can you only climb with a membership? And where do you go for bouldering?

mullet

Post by mullet » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 am

Hehehe, this thread cracks me up.

Hey bro, where can me and my homies find some rock walls to climb on closer to where I live in Jozi? Well bro, there's this NEW GYM just round the corner! You and all your other bros can go to the NEW GYM and get strong there before wrestling some more pebbles.

Doesn't sound staged at all :jocolor:
...Chalk is cheap...

pierre.joubert

Post by pierre.joubert » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 am

Ja well these Jozi okes don't sound so kiff like you brus dere in da cape maybru. But since I know 2 of the ous here in dis fread, I don't skeem dese okes are 'aving a laaf hey. Like jaaa, actually, I'm tuning you, these brus are lank serious my ou.

Has anyone been to Rockfit? I think I'll go check it out lunchtime and maybe try sneak some pics

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 am

RockFit is fully open and feature a good selection of 6m walls including a bouldering section. Loction is good, just off Marlborough Drive, Eastgate, Sandton. The mats are still to be installed so don't do any Hi Balls just yet. :thumleft: