Ben Heatlie, Boskloof, Quaggas kloof, Worcester

For the posting and discussion of Access Issues and Closures for Areas around South Africa.
RemyV

Ben Heatlie, Boskloof, Quaggas kloof, Worcester

Post by RemyV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi Im new here so apologies if I should have introduced myself elsewhere.

Has any one ever climbed the mountain behind De Wet cellar/ Farms in the past? To get to this part of the mountain you would have to travel through our farm as it falls part of it.

I would like to talk to someone who does group climbs etc, we are contemplating on providing opportunity for climbers to access this part/section of the mountain through a scheduled basis "Avoid people from just accessing and coming onto the farm unannounced" for a regular Mountain climbing venue.

If you arrange climbs etc your more than welcome to contact me and we can discuss a viewing to scope out the different sections/options for climbing

Kind regards

mokganjetsi

Re: Ben Heatlie, Boskloof, Quaggas kloof, Worcester

Post by mokganjetsi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:18 am

HI Remy

Thanks for reaching out! The biggest custodian of access arrangements is the Mountain Club (MCSA). The nature of the arrangements depends very much on the terrain and potential for use. There would normally be a clear distinction between mountains that can be walked-up and technical rock climbing (vertical terrain).

Do you have any pictures of the mountain / area you think might be of interest? I can help with some high-level advice and give suggestions as to the potential use and possible ways to structure access arrangements; as well as seeing if there is commercial value in it for you.

I will pm you my personal e-mail address.