It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:18 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:09 pm 

Ek is nie 'n man van baie woorde nie en ek het nog nooit 'n rede gehad om http://www.climb.co.za te gebruik nie, maar wie is hierdie ou wat dink sy sienswyse is beter as myne. 8a.nu laat jy jou eie opinie van 'n roete maak. Klim roetes vir wat hulle is, nie vir die gradering wat mense hulle gee nie.

Asseblief los my uit you speletjies uit Brian, wanneer jy n dag van klim wil geniet, hou op gradeerings jaag. Na 6 boodskappe van jou af, wil ek regtig nie met jou gesels nie en nog minder met jou klim.

Rian

Quote:
Hi Rian,

It looks like you're having a great time climbing at Narrow. We should meet up sometime. I'm based in JHB but have been driving through to Fern quite frequently.

Just a comment, Resident Evil is 7c; it's a bouldery move. Kinda like Game Over is 7c+, again, two hard moves and the rest of the route is easy. It's tough to grade these two in particular but Andrew, Ebert and myself thought about it pretty hard. I did Game Over second go and thought it was really easy and definitely not 8a due to the lack us sustained movement. It's my personal opinion and if these grades are yours I can respect that, just consider I've done 60+ climbs that are 29 or harder.

I'm going to be at Fern this weekend working Betamax (30/31) and a new direct version and right hand variation of Stormwatch (33+). There should a crew of us there. Give me a shout if you're keen on joining us :)

555 5552832 is my number
my email is removed

Attachments:
brianw.png
brianw.png [ 10.89 KiB | Viewed 957 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:23 pm 

Tell me about it! My first 27 got downgraded (even though I did it the 'hard' 27 way').
Then both my 8a's got down graded... :cry:

Welcome Rian :thumleft:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:35 pm 

Lol dude I think you took poor Brian 's invite and attempt to give you another opinion/view a little too harshly :-P

But welcome... Now where's my popcorn?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:08 pm 

Rian,

Dankie vir die post, dit maak my dag.

Ek vind die skaamtelose hoogmoed ontsettend snaaks.

Brian, seriously?

Gees

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:35 pm 

Wow, opinions are opinions and all of that. I can respect yours and Brian is allowed to have his too. I don't think that gives you the right to go pasting his personal contact information on an open internet forum. How would you like it if I sent your cellphone number to every money lender, insurance company and cellphone company in the country just because you told me that you didn't like the way I tie my shoelaces? Bad form.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:51 am 

If you're not after the grades, don't log on 8a. Which is public. And then don't bitch when someone (with waaaay more experience at the grade, fwiw) then calls you on grade-chasing and inflating. :thumleft:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:41 am 

mullet wrote:
pasting his personal contact information on an open internet forum

VenterRian wrote:
555 5552832 is my number
my email is removed

I don't think those are really his cell and email...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:04 am 

Thanks Nic,

I am glad to see that someone had the sense to remove the real email address and number subsequent to my post and leave me looking like a crazy homeless man :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:34 am 

:shock: whaaattt!!!??

Het Logic sopas engels gebruik?!

:thumright

Rian, ek dink jys n bietjie touchy hieroor, maar dink 'n bietjie so hieroor: net so passievol soos jy voel oor die saak, so voel die ander ouens. Op die ou end van die dag: graderings is opinies, en 'n mens sal goed doen om dit nie te persoonlik te vat nie. Ek het HARD gewerk om my eerste 30 te doen voordat ek 31 geword het, het dit reggekry so 2 weke voor ek 31 geword het, en wragtag, toe downgrade hulle Whoa She Poopie na, ek dink, 28.... het gelag daaroor en maar aangegaan... :wink:

Well done op die send, btw...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 am 

Jis die forum het meer drama as 7de laan!

Rian is kwaad vir Brian..
So week terug was almal kwaad vir Derek Marchall..
So maand terug was Snort kwaad vir almal wat nie trad nie en oral in die veld k@k! :puker:
Ek onthou iets van iemand wat iemand anders "unfriend" het oor n blik bord of iets wat weg geraak het! :lol: Dit was nog die snaakste een gewees
Dan praat ons nie eers van die via verrate, bolting op slegte plekke, trad vs sport ens. nie..

Ens.. ens.. :lol:
Dit is goeie afleiding by die kantoor!
Dankie vir al die opwinding...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:50 am 

Hi Rian,

Apologies for spamming you; that was not my intention. I tried to send one message and my browser said that it was not able to connect to the server on 8a.nu. So I tried to send it again. Got the same message.

Definitely didn't mean to bother you with so many messages; I actually just wanted to extend an invite for you to join us while we're climbing. :thumleft:

Invitation still stands, it's always cool to meet new climbers. You obviously have my contact details; give me a call or drop me a mail if you're ever keen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm 

:lol:

The Magaliesberg is notorious for its hard sport routes. Narrow kloof in particular is a doozy, being next to wigwam (brick hard), we had a duty to make it a bit harder. It is a complete arb style of powerful climbing.

Chosspile has soft grades, Fern it gets harder but still a chilled day of climbing, Narrow Kloof and Wigwam is where it gets real. If you flashing routes or onsighting, you have my respect as a crusher.

If you can send routes in either Narrow Kloof or Wigwam you can climb 30s anywhere else in the country.

Ebert Nel
this is why we sandbag :thumleft:

Last edited by Forket on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 pm 

Ek challenge al julle harder manne om Parklife by Paarl te kom probeer. Dis net n 27.... 45m daarvan. :thumleft:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:55 pm 

Turtle wrote:
Ek challenge al julle harder manne om Parklife by Paarl te kom probeer. Dis net n 27.... 45m daarvan. :thumleft:

Hahahaha yeah! I wish more people climbed at Paarl :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:50 am 

Quote:
Hahahaha yeah! I wish more people climbed at Paarl

LOL ... Park Life... I think everybody whose climbed 30+ should get on that route. I did. I bet my biner i left half way to get the f*ck back down is still there from 8 years ago. Good Times!

Tini Versveld on the second ascent of Park Life at Paarl
Photo: Jeremy Samson