It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:47 am 

:lol:

CLASSIC!

Hey, if I reveal myself, can I get the bottle?!

As much as you guys hate Guest and wanna see him/her off the forum, you seem to keep coming back here. It's like you just can't resist. Why don't you just stop coming to this thread? I don't post on any other threads, so why not just stay away? You obviously enjoy the new \"rant\" thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:29 pm 

Unfortunately guest is an sad story/person. Like lots of people have said before he should put up is name. But the coward just keeps on flaming people annonymous. If his contribution was so constructive as he say's he name would be up there long ago. Hope he gets a job soon, than he can stop posting all this nonsence and do something constructive with his life.

Willem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:43 pm 

well you got white and woman right. that must have taxed you some...as for the political stuff, yep, i do take it seriously and feel no need to justify that to you. Justin is welcome to delete my comments too.

but you're right on one more thing - i'm posting in response to an unidentified, inflammatory half-wit on issues unrelated to actual climbing (a bit contradictory of me). I have better things to do. Thanks for reminding me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:46 pm 

Willemeulen,
9a equates to 36 buddy! And no, the hardest route done by a South African is 8c/34. That was Justin who did 'Two to Win' in Oudtshoorn last year.

Gustav,
Why are those HARD routes in Boven not projects or, at least, bolted so people can try them? Surely if the lines were that good people would be psyched?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:22 pm 

sorry scot....

I did not speak about grades, i think you mean sombody else

w

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:22 pm 

HEH HEH HEH! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stir stir, and still they rise to the bait, c,mon lil' fishees...eat the hook...
Dumbasses!
The average forum contributor:

Last edited by Grigri on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:39 pm 

Scott obviously meant me. :oops:

How does a international grade comp work, I mean do you need one or more 9a climb to host. Or would a few 8b/8b+ do. Not that we have many of those around anyway.

Gustav , what's the highest grade that you have done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:02 pm 

I don't know the exact grade but I do from reading the guide he has opened grades as high as 26.

Sorry to speak on your behalf Gustav.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:23 pm 

I say if guest reveals his name, everyone else has too! Would be interesting actually :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:23 pm 

GriGri i dont know how the hell u got to be a forum mod it baffels me

And all i can say is ppl gotta stop giving giving ppl like Guest leeway he is sitting on the other side laughing hes arse of right now

o Guest i take it u are from cape town?

o and GriGri i sailed down God no wall a cpl of times and all i can say is damn damn damn damn
plus gri gri u will see most ppl climb 2 grades lower (at boven) than what they are used to becuase of the sestained nature of the climbs there

any one correct me if am am wrong: \"the gauteng climbers are a lot more chilled and a lot les ago driven than the cape town ppl\"

i also have noticed a nother thing why do one half want to lick cris sharmas poophole and the other half aint even concerned? My awnser is because one half is more concerned about other ppl climbing than enjoying the little time that they spend on wall themselfs

o ps pls plz note i am a very creative speller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:51 pm 

Gri stop spouting condradictory crap, on the one hand you say that we shouldn't take anything that is said here too seriously and it's merely a platform for letting off some steam, and in the next sentence you do a flip and boldly pronounce that SA has no good comp locations awaiting pics of walls, etc, etc. Make up your mind bud...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:53 pm 

SA might not be ready for RocTrip style comps, but I think we've got a bit more to offer than pure brute hard routes. I reckon international type meets in the spirit of the BMC meets would be the way to go. International meets might not draw the top climbers, but there'll be a much healthier mix with climbers of all abilities, so everyone can learn something. The MCSA organised an awesome meet in 2005 and it was great climbing with brits, hollanders etc. Hell, the one lady who went up Blouberg with us has climbed 31 on trad, so its not like the good climbers dont come on meets. They were blown away by the kloofs, Blouberg and Spitskoppe, and many of the guys from that meet have already come bcak for a second trip. What about Rocklands. If you cape guys got it together I'm sure you could organise some cool international meet there. And dont tell me there arent enough hard problems or unopened problems! Whatever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:09 pm 

nah guys, you're not going to get something out of gustav i think. he's actually mature and really cares about climbing and SA's image - and has done more than most of you combined. do not see him getting dragged further into this childish contentious rubbish. lets pull a ghandi on guest and respect each other. for the record: i for one think justin&co should really cut the legs of the guys who make this forum a slaggining contest. there are enough climbers out there who woul use the forum constructively.

love thy neighbour even as thyself. sweet dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 pm 

Worse than posting cr*ap, flaming & slaging... is no activity on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:14 pm 

Marshall! At last a man of insight and reason!!! Precisely the reason guest and I stirred things up in the first place, this forum was becoming so boring I had stopped even visiting the site! Pity the rest of these 'I take myself soooooooooooo seriously' types dont see the humor in it all.

Guest you rock dude, kick their asses for me I couldnt be bothered anymore.

Stu: Mind made up bud, later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:18 pm 

Personally I have no problem reading any of guest's or anyone else's posts. In fact I found this thread itself a fairly amusing read - even revealing of our subculture. I vote against censorship. It's widely understood that all forums contain some degree of stupid ranting - I can't believe people judge the SA scene based on this forum. As said many a time before - don't read the thread if you think it's pointless!

And I don't mind people not revealing themselves. Anonymous comments give insight into what bubbles below the surface... Obviously one should take these comments with a pinch of salt (which it seems some are not able to do)

Grigri seems to be claiming anonimity but didn't he reveal himself a while ago as Greg Hart

Lets start guessing who the other culprits are... I agree that they sound like Cape Town climbers.. although I don't think Cape climbers have bigger ego's than JHB climbers... About the same in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:43 am 

A lot of these names on here are anonymous to me in any case. Personally, I love it when posters get their backs up. It's pathetic. Like I said, there are far worse problems in the world that 'Guest' ruining the forum. I nearly p!ssed in my pants when Gustav said that it was chasing climbers away and stopping them coming to SA!!! Try blaming our complacent president first buddy!

I also love this fox hunt which has begun. Let me ask you all this...if you did know who I was, would it really make a diffs...and, what would you really do? what, come and beat me up like Scott suggested? Scott, ever heard of an assault charge? That's where you are headed with an aggressive attitude like that. Your poor girlfriend/wife.

You'll notice that this thread has actually started up quite a cool debate about the feasibility of our climbing on a global scale. It was suggested [read:brag] by Gustav that 'boven could be the spot for the next roctrip. Perhaps not having internet in 'boven is the reason for his not really knowing the scope of the event.

Guys like willemeulen are even bigger fools as they say things like
Quote:
If his contribution was so constructive as he say's he name would be up there long ago. Hope he gets a job soon, than he can stop posting all this nonsence and do something constructive with his life.

the irony of course is that he must also not have a life as he followed the thread and wasted his own time posting an unconstructive comment.

GriGri and SteveB are right in saying that anonymous comments allow people to say what bubbles below the surface. I have strong feelings for this sport and yes, I have contributed much to it. I am not an MCSA member for many reasons...in the club's favour they do a lot of good with their money in terms of access and paying for bolts...but I have my reasons and since the majority of 'boring' posters here are in fact club members...well, you get the idea.

It's a passtime people. A fun little sport. We take our mat and our chalk and we act like monkeys for a day. I wish people would stop be killjoys. Especially w@nkers like carlkritzinger who on one hand are all high and might and then on the other will freely intimidate drifter when he asks about trad climbing. Stinks as a double standard to me. I met karl once and hated his arrogance straight off the bat. when he sat down, the room went dark ;)

Lastly, Hector, you are right. We do have some epic climbing here. Rocklands is one of the top places on the globe for bouldering and people know it. What's the obession with comps? People know about the place and they will come. Why do you want to commercialize such a beautiful place? Let it breathe. As for Cape town, we'll we south africans always think that it is THE most beautiful place ever....wrong! Look at a place like Sydney...it's an efficient, beautiful city with 10 x what CT has. The world is full of stunning places...

...so yes, Guest has single handedly brought down the climbing tourist trade in SA and he is the reason this forum is a boring sack.
GriGri has the right idea...rather go surfing, at least there are babes to look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:49 am 

I have not forumed much other than on SA climbing sites, but on the one british site I visited, I found the forum contrbutions short & shallow. One line answers. Atleast we are comitted to posting our full view point, be it BS, slaging, flaming or off the topic.

Living any where, but in the EC is bleak!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:54 pm 

Guest,
YOU are the one who threatened to punch ME in the nose if you ever saw me, not the other way around. I just gave you the chance to do it if you were ever in Cape Town. You are such a little cry babyl!!
It's obvious to me that you have no clue about climbing or the people you slag. Ask around, I am actually a very nice guy ;-)
-Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:12 pm 

Ok I was gonna shut up and just go away, but seeing as this thread has come to down to real men making realistic statements I thought this quote would add something and hopefully encourage the other narrow minded b@sturds to open up to more of life.

\"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didnt do than by the ones you did do. So throw of the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.\" - Mark Twain.

And guest you can lay off Scott, he's cool ok! A real man who lives out there, following the dictums of the above quote.

Post subject: Roc Trip
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:48 am 

Hi guys,

I noticed someone was slamming SA as a venue for the roc trip. They are mistaken. I was at the last one in Kalymnos. Guess how many routes of 8c and harder Kalymnos had before the Roc Trip? Answer = 0. In fact Boven has as many hard routes as Kalymnos did. Its easy for South Africans to have these incorrect impressions of European climbing destiations as being far better. I have been many major sport crags in the world and reckon Boven is only rivalled by a few. Back to the Roc Trip..Boven would be an ideal venue. There is stacks of potential - last time I walked under the God-No Wall I counted about 5 super-hard lines that would be ideal for a roc-trip though only 2 are actually needed, a womans and a mens final route. I am working a long 8b which will only be scratching the surface, and these routes long are seriously steep, 35 m long and overhanging about 10-15. A for the infrastructure Boven is fine, everything is there, dont forget that the roc trip is an event designed to open up the more obscure areas of the world; the pros I chatted to at Kalymnos were psyched, most would tag it onto a trip to the Rocklands. In summary, SA is a brilliant venue - be more positive about what we've got here! I am in comms with the Petzl guys - watch this space!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 pm 

I agree that the god no area could work for a roc trip

Its a pity that Milner is such a sensitive area, because it really is the best wall with the most potential for super-hard long lines...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:30 am 

i'm sure scott is a REAL man!
sorry i have not heard about you...are some famous rock jock then?
big chest, big nose, big ego?

one of the ladies (edna) on the sewing forum said she had heard about you, but not from climbing. she saw you once at pick n pay.

you do sound like a real hero though, so, if i send you a t-shirt, will you sign it for me?

'boven is all good an whatever, but what a boring, dingy place to host such a colourful event. capetown would be far better to host a roc trip

and whats all this mark twain rubbish? sailing? this is a climbing forum. i just dont relate. what were you trying to say grigri? that we should stop climbing and take up sailing? i guess the ropes could be used, but i just bought a pair of madrocks and now what, i must stop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:26 am 

The rock trip is about climbing not hanging out in a city, otherwise we would host it in the Cape Town ICC. Unfortunately as wonderful as the place may be, Cape Town rock lacks the potential for hard lines for the roc-trip, any experienced higher grade climber who has been to all of SA's climbing venues would agree. Monatgu climbs are a bit short and not quite of world-class quality. Milner is world-class but would be really difficult so is not worth pursuing further. Oudtshoorn is amazing but too limited. Boven is really the best big sport climbing area we have, (I am from overseas so I like to consider my view somewhat unbiased though I do live in JHB). Anyway, I will let you know what happens.

Post subject: screw this...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:56 am 

you bunch are far to serious about life ... see you at the crag, leave all your crap in the office and enjoy the rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 am 

No, I'm not a rock jock but I am a nice guy ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:08 pm 

hey Andrew, is Gustav paying you to say all of this?

I don't think that Flying is Fun has roc trip caliber routes at all. Plus, the rock is too red for roc trip. Red doesnt come out well on film at all. Take a place like silvermine, if you think about it, there must be some hard lines there?

Even peers cave could work really well...I mean, what is an 8b? that's like a 25 in SA...I thought they climbed way harder than that. Look at Scott for instance, he's cranking 21 these days and it wont be long before he moves from toproping. Nice guys always finish last!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:43 pm 

guest wrote:
Nice guys always finish last!

...and w a n k e r s always come first :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:08 pm 

Guest,
bla bla bla... I'd done three hours of climbing before you had even written that post. What a joke!! Yes Guess, you're a joke, a good laugh, thats all...
By the way, how did you know I climb 21 on toprope, do you KNOW me?!
You must, otherwise you wouldn't presume to, right?!
I extend my invitation to you once again, if you ever come down in the Cape to climb the world class routes at Silvermine give my a shout!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 pm 

Quote:
I'd done three hours of climbing before you had even written that post. What a joke!

scott, you're a hero!

That's nothing wimp. I wrote that last mail with one hand, on my GPRS cellphone, while I was soloing Synapse on TM. Then I downclimbed a new 30+ hairline crack route so I could give it a minus grade :x

Last edited by guest on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.