Quantcast
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:22 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:55 am 

Goodness, I feel offended (not really). Thanks Andrew for suggesting I can't onsight 29. But some grades are off at Boven I think. From what I can gather most who have international who have climbed Jabberwocky think it is not as hard as 33. Although it was a while ago I would agree. 32 would seem a fair grade. My other routes haven't been repeated, as far as I know, but I think their grades are a bit soft. They might have to wait for second ascents though. What others Andrew? Besides the ones you've already mentioned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:40 am 

Well, I guess I had to join the fray at some point in time!

Anyway, it is often hard to gauge whether your climbing is improving or the grade of a route is just soft... especially when Andy is around. :wink:
That said, I recently flashed You Too Brutus, Andy got it 2nd go and we both thought it to be a touch generous at 27.

What do the masses think of Devil in a Cauldron though? I would not be surprised if I never send that route!

Peace be da journey,
Flex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:52 am 

Yes, I agree. Not to mention (as you've heard before..) that grades are subjective. Usually you shoiuld be able to come to some sort of consensus. I also find Devil in a Cauldron hard. Reckon it's reachy :wink: ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:09 am 

Remember, you are welcome to use the WikiClimb site (http://www.climb.shorturl.com) to make changes of grades. Simply write up the route with its number in the right place with the new grade:

Example: 10) You Too Brutus 26 - if you AND your friends think it deserves a downgrade.

013 257 0363
climb @t rocrope dot com