Quantcast
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: London
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:28 pm 
Just a wee message, for anyone and everyone who wines about climbing in SA, don’t!! I am stuck in freezing cold London, and all I ever get to do is climb on the stinky dirty old climbing gym! I would give my left nut for a day out at NSA with the lads!!! Rock on I will be home soon, hopefully....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:29 pm 
Mmmm , know what you're talking about . Which one is it Mile End / The Castle ? Not only NSA even , but just think NSA ; Pinnacle ; Mary or Howisons. (dricus.bezuidenhout@za.pwc.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:29 pm 
Thanks. I'm off to the U.K. later this year.Can't wait to climb in a dingy gym! (shaggyJC@hotmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:30 pm 
I mainly climb at west way check out http://www.westway.org/sports/wsc/climbing/gallery The Castle is mainly bouldering, not many lead routes, and mile end is on the wrong side of London for me. J let me know when u gonna be in the UK and we can go down the gym if u keen.. Rock on. (djkruger@webmail.co.za)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:31 pm 
All you need in London is a ticket home to be happy (matthew.murison@gallifordtry.co.uk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:32 pm 
just out of curiosity, how many of us here are stuck in London at the moment? For what it's worth I get down to Mile End at least once a week. (callumd@gmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:34 pm 
Thanks-I'll be there either in May or June so I'll contact you.It's 32 degrees celsius today-just thought I'd let you guys in the U.K. know.Cheers! (shaggyJC@hotmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:34 pm 
Oi - stop your whinging - at least you get to climb something!! No pleasing some people. Just think how much it will make you appreciate your trip back home soon - all is not so bad.... :) (sheehanvictoria@hotmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:35 pm 
it was a really nice day to go climbing today in cape town!!!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:35 pm 
Give me a shout if you are still here in spring David - ill be spending loads of weekend time at Portland and Swanage. ps if your gym sucks you must try and get down to craggy island at Guildford sometime. shaun.baird@btinternet.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:36 pm 
Hey Dave, When are you returning to the land of the living? UK is for the birds. (marshall@reworkafrica.co.za)

Post subject:
Derek \"captain & coke\" Marshall I be back early April for a 3 weeks, I will email u closer to the time. Take some time of work we can head down to Morgans for a few nights if u dig??

Post subject:
Seriously keen Dave. Will try to make you stay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:37 pm 
For those of you living in London, I suggest getting to Spain (especially Catalunia) to climb: endless amounts of awsome climbing, SUN, great food, and the air-fair is about the same as your Zone 1-6 monthly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:37 pm 
Hey London isn't that bad, and you can leave any time you like. I mean why did you come here in the first place? Free choice? And from London you can travel any place in the world, you can't from SA...even on a crappy sallery. And make the best of the weather, maybe learn a bit about trekking and so on, you can camp in the field and won't get murdered :P (gerhard@soak.co.za)