It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 am 

Had our car broken into at Hellfire yesterday. They screwdriver'ed the lock and stole the radio.

We got to see the last few seconds of the break in when the car alarm caught our attention. The offending car looked like a white Toyota Rav (with a sunroof). The thieves were courteous enough not to break any windows, steel keys and such from the cab, nonetheless...
Anyone know where I can purchase a high powered sniper rifle??
Sincerely pissed off ;)

Last edited by Justin on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:20 am 

Or a BDC (Bowel Disruptor Canon).

There is this urban legend about the \"brown note\" (unfortunately disproved by the MythBusters) between 5-10Hz which supposedly causes a person to loose control of their bowels. Somehow I suspect that crime will be less attractive if your homies won't allow you back into the car due to you having crapped your pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:38 am 

BDC - Absolutely not, besides I'm looking for a definitive solution here ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:55 am 

Maybe a Tesla Coil in your car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:43 pm 

Justin please contact Deon Rousseau (sp?) the manager of the Limietberg reserve and let him know about the break in, CN need to be kept abreast of unfortunate incidents such as this. I also hope you have opened a docket with the police? The guys who ripped our stuff off from the Mt Club hut some years back were eventually apprehended. It is indeed sad to see crime return to this idyllic valley, this is the first time I have heard of a car being broken into there, my sympathies! Consider parking at the resort in future to safeguard your vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:40 pm 

Quote:
CN need to be kept abreast of unfortunate incidents such as this.

You must mean \"informed\".

Best way to deal with crime like this in SA is to buy yourself a 'weekend chorrie'. Get a junk old bantam bakkie or similar for 15 grand and leave the smart wheels at home. It's sad, but there really is no other cure for SA's crime rubbish. You'll be wasting your time at the police station. We all know this.
Rather just move to Oz if it bugs you so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:58 pm 

Yeah, I think this was more a 'crime of opportunity' guys on their way back from somewhere with a screwdriver in the glove box (& a stolen car!?)

If you have Deon Rousseau's email please pass it onto me and I'll drop him a mail.

Weekend chorrie!! That was my weekend chorrie :cry: !! hmmm think I'll park at the hotel next time.
Oz? Naaah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:30 pm 

@Justin: Now that's a rifle (Couldn't see the pic earlier, maybe the firewall @ work). When you get one like that lemme know, I'll ask Knoxville to go fetch something in your car...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:42 pm 

OneDogClimbing, you are lucky I'm in a good mood today. If not, I'd lay a charge against you for threatening to murder me with a high powered rifle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:22 pm 

Bwahahah, you just call me lucky number Slevin mabooi. :lol:

Any how, sshh, be a good boy & go fetch 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:37 pm 

I edited my original (1st post of this thread) so that the rifle would show up.
The image probably didn't show as the site is a Russian one (which are typically blocked by firewalls/etc)

(please note that I'm being 'Proudly South African' about this, by picking a SA developed rifle :D

For those interested modern Firearms its a pretty informative site.

The question is can we get Guest and Jk in the same place at the same time ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:39 pm 

We get Drifter's milkman to give fudge there..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:06 pm 

OZ!?! I lived there for a year and a half… there is only 2 problems with the place…
1.) it’s full of aussies…
2.) its above sea level…
So Knoxious… why don’t you lead the pack take your stuff and bugger off there. When you done that let me know… Then I’ll try solve problem 2…

Yours truly,
fanta
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:08 am 

@Fanta, if you must know, I am living in Oz already. Guess what, while you were trudging around the hills looking out for muggers all the time, I was in the Blue Mountains feeling free. So, while you carry on generalising about how you hate Australians and you'd rather see the land sink, I was free to live like a person should. You see, when a person lives in a place like South Africa, one becomes desensitized to the fear that you live with all the time. You start to box your mind in too. There's no freedom in a place like that. I can take my dogs for a walk at 10pm here and feel safe to do so. When I go outdoors, I never have to worry about my car getting broken into. We are free here. So, while you spread your arrogant hatred thick, think about this: Do we care about your opinion? NO. Do we want idiots like you here? NO. Am I glad I left SA? HELL YES, and I'll never come back. There is 10 times the climbing here than what is in SA. The people here are wonderful. Perhaps you didnt fit in because you are just socially inept, which is clear from reading your posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:23 am 

Hey Johny-boy...

I see you already caught the disease that all Ozzies seem to suffer from...\"extreme arrogance\", if you love your new convict....uhem..sorry country, so much why do you take the time to come to a SA climbing forum and piss all over it??...find an Ozzie forum and agree with all the people there how much better OZ is than any other country on earth...mkay?...and when your kids grow up and become little drug addicts or worse....living,breathing Austrailian denezins then dont look back and wonder 'what if'...

I'm proudly South African and i dont dig it when people knock our country man..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:32 am 

Amen to mkboy. The only thing I'm sorry of is that the Ozzies probably think we're all like Johnny....Oh wait, I don't actually care, since they all take fudge from the milkman.

Go play with a croc or something, Johnny-F-op.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:10 am 

oh the hatred and anger that you guys have!

Quote:
if you love your new convict....uhem..sorry country

Thats like saying that all Germans are Jew killers. Pointless generalisations. I'm ashamed of you guys, really. The pent up hatred you have can only be attributed to the fear and oppression you experience on a daily basis.

Not once was I arrogant. What is arrogant about stating the facts?????? I too am a South African, it's MY country too, and I moved because of crime that happened to me. You have no right to say these things...but it's typical actually of the white middle class South African mentality. You are so ashamed to live your lives that you have to attack anything that poses the obvious. I'm glad I have left. It wont be long before you are forced to leave yourselves. But, whatever. I'm sitting safe and sound in a first world country with ethics, and all the social systems in place to look after my family. The people in Oz are highly educated and it funny to hear your one sided opinions. mkboy, you are a bigger fool than I imagined. Let's just hope that your ignorant aggressive approach doesnt get you in trouble some day.

Happy climbing [with your armed guards and pepper spray, martyrs]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 am 

Johnny_Knoxville wrote:
oh the hatred and anger that you guys have!

I hope you noticed most of it is directed at you, p0epol.

Johnny_Knoxville wrote:
Not once was I arrogant. What is arrogant about stating the facts??????

From the dictionary: "exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner"

That pretty much sums you up Johnny.

Johnny_Knoxville wrote:
I too am a South African

No, you're an Ozzie now, make do their milkmen's fudge.

I sincerely hope this was your dramatic exit from this site. You will not be missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:35 am 

The way I see it is like this:

1) If you live here you are a south african, if you left you aren't (choose a side of the fence)

2) The peole who choose to stay notwithstanding the risks see people who have left and talk poorly of the country as traitors who are trying to break down the strength and commitment that is left

3) The people who have left seem to want to talk about the problems to reassure themselves that their decision was correct (if Oz is so great then enjoy it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 am 

ha! ha! HA! :D

Looks like I touched an open wound there Johnny boy....whatever...

btw, you talk about ME generalizing here??, then how the hell do you make the assumption that i'm a white middle class south african male???..

1) Being a victim of crime in SA and then immigrating does not make you unique...it makes you part of the problem, if everyone that was a victim of crime here in SA just upped and left that would be the beginning of the end for this country....

2) You made your choice johhny-boy, stop trying to convince us (and yourself) that it was the right one, I made mine, I'm staying...enjoy OZ mate, if you really think there are no problems there either then you, sir, are the fool, not I..

3) Dont mean to point out the obvious here j-boy but you came onto our forum and gave advice (from Australia??) on how to deal with the crime here?? then in the next breathe said that you left because of it?? WTF??

4) some advice, when you are longing for the CT sunsets, braais, the Kruger park or the 'Berg...tell yourself this, \"I have no right to miss (insert whatever here) because I gave up the right to miss those things when I chose to leave and be a part of the problem and not the solution....mkay??

g'day mate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:52 am 

Knoxville,

So you decided to run away then? It is losers like you that realy should all just pack their bags and leave.

I know of people who have had the worst immaginable crimes commited to them here in SA and still live here. People who have realised that if we all run away when the going gets tuff, nothing will ever change.

Sure there are many things wrong with this country. Did you expect everything to be perfect within 10 years of democracy? Catch a wake up. It's going to take a while (and even longer with losers like you around).

We will all soon have to follow you to OZ???? I don't think so buddy. There are still enough people here who believe in this country and want to make it work, and it will work. Sit in Australia on your wellfare package and watch.

Oh, and please spare us the crap about ozzies being so well educated etc. They are in general a bunch of American wannabee yobbos all trying their best to be avarage. As for the climbing, they can't even try to compete. And you know it.

You are not South African, you have chosen to be Australian and to sit across the fence and slate SA. ( strange that you spend so much time on a SA CLIMBING WEBSITE, \"OZZIE\"). F**k OFF and don't comeback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:55 am 

you talk so highly of OZ ha

After living there for FOUR DAYS!!! I had my brand new mountain bike stolen form a shopping centre. So I go to the cops... what do they do... jack squat!!!

I lived here practically all my life, yes I was robbed once; however the cops managed to get everything back in a matter of days!!! Including a watch!!

That country has issues dude I hear loads of South Africans like me (who have been and lived there) saying so... They praise people like Shane Warne just coz he's \"one of the boys\"
Hansie was practically crucified in this country for what he did...
Do you know what the OZ newspaper headlines said about him after his plane crash?? \"JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED\"
WTF up with that???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:24 pm 

Jeez you people can talk a load of sh1t.
Just because Johnny left SA doesn't make him unpatriotic. This happens all over the world, but it seems our new 'democracy' has resulted in many South Africans suffering from blind patriotism - crime is a fact and if you have the cash or means to leave, so be it.
Having said that, Johnny the only thing you have done since entering this South African forum is slam SA. Got anything positive to say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:04 pm 

Johnny == guest, and he isn't in Oz kids, maybe he wishes, but he aint :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:30 pm 

Having thought about it...i reckon you are spot on Nosmo, Johnny K= Guest...

Even OZ ex-pats arent that F*cking arrogant...he's been stirring everywhere on the forum.

Welcome back Guest!;) er... J.K. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:48 pm 

I went to Aus on a four month climbing trip. It has lots of great climbing, if you like it dished up & complete. Everything is completely done. Buy the guide & go do it. In SA there is tonnes of new stuff waiting & lots of space to play. Aus was quite meaningless & boring. I was home in 6 weeks.

I could do 4 months at Mary or Hogsback with out repeating a route.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:46 pm 

Hi All,
Going to ask you to take the conversation to another place.
Thanks,
Justin

This thread is now locked

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]