Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:00 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Eastern Cape
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:23 am 

Mornè v/d Mescht has opened the infamous Pirate Project at Alicedale at 7b+ . The guide is available at the moment and those looking for it can contact me through a PM .
On the Routes section on this website you'll also find the fastest compiled route guide - for Falcon Rock . This is a small crag adjacent to the Lady Slipper property close to Port Elizabeth . The property also have camping facilities and a great pub . Contact details for the Falcon Rock property is on the guide . Camping can also be done at Highbrae , the property to the east of Lady Slipper . We're also busy compiling a sport guide for Lady Slipper for those looking for more routes and a bit of a slog up to crags . Lady Slipper may be more famous for the trad routes +- over 150 but there's also sport routes of about 24 , of which 2 is still closed projects of M van der Mescht . Both the crags of Slipper and Falcon Rock is about 35kms west of Port Elizabeth . Grades of the routes varies from 16 to 29 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:14 pm 

Hey Dbez, I was part of a group that first started climbing out a Alicedale about 6 or 7 years ago, I would love to see the guide and to see how developed the area has become, it sounds like a stack of good problems have been opened. my e mail is guyhubbard@ananzi.co.za

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:10 pm 

Hey Dricus, is that that launching thing at shady nook? If it is...wow! That is totaly impressive. Evenmore impressive that he is sanding it to 7b+. Damb that thing is beyond evil. Good name that, Beyond Evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:50 am 

Derek , no its the old Pirate Project , at the Nevaland Boulders . This was at a time worked on by M Renz himself , Niel Mostert & Mornè . At the end I think it might be a bit harder for shorter people .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:52 pm 

Due to the size of the guide and the fact that you'll need to pass the owner's house we have decided to pin some copies of the guide on the notice board at Falcon Rock .
If you are interested to have a look at the crag , please phone beforehand . Contact Jenny at 082 800 9279
The same method will probably be used for the Slipper sport guide and the sport guide to Pinnacle Gorge .
If you need more details , send me a pm and I decide whether to help you . No kidding ! You're welcome to enquire about any of the above .