It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

In what format should the new Bains Kloof and Groot Winterhoek Guide be published?
Online Publication 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Book form 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
both 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:21 am 

SouthAfricanMan,
It has less to do with WHAT you say and more that I like to know WHO I'm speaking to. I don't want to meet you in person and not know we've 'met' previously? If you say things on this forum that you think might be offensive, be prepared for people to be offended, easy concept hey!

Evan,
I'm not going back two either place in a hurry, I'm sticking to Rocklands, it's a little further but a whole lot better!! I doubt you'll get a tour from the developers, that's the problem about being strong, you'll probably send all their projects?!

BTW:
1. Most of Bain's Kloof is off limits, there are signs all over the Kloof stating so!!
2. Please do not go looking for permission from authorities!!
3. If you must go - go, you'll find the boulders, it's not rocket science.
4. I am by no means knowledgable about either area?????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 am 

1. BK: I have bouldered there long ago but i'm not going back soon. The area is too vast and i'm not in a exploring mood right now.

2. GW: I have never been there and i am not even sure where it is.

This thread should not even exist. SAman thought he was a hero and wanted to tell the world about his guide... Which incidently, does not exist.

Sorry, im as confused as you are. [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:38 am 

Unfortunetly I just finished my studies at stellenbosch and will be leaving for india for a couple of months in Jan and is currently on holiday in the eastern cape, went climbing at cape st. francis, it is pretty kak! there, gw is a mystery, sorry guys, the boulders are there, just go and find them, SaMan!you are an idiot, an apt haiku for tou, My heart aches with pain-when I see you I vomit-die away from me. Let me be, I am indeed a surfer and don't want to be part of the climbing community, if you can't convince them, confuse them.bk??wvjmsp!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:59 pm 

Hey Jurie, you made me laugh out loud :lol: classic dude!
I love your work!!
Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:41 pm 

Jurie, the next time i see you I will chop off your head and shit down your throat... thats after you vomit-die away from yourself??...

NO-PEACE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:00 pm 

If there's a god out there, please delete this thread? You guys suck for keeping this bullshit alive. Imagine if you were an outsider reading this verbal spuitskyt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:16 pm 

\"It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye\" - Professor in Futurama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:18 pm 

Futurama schmuturama. I don't get or care for whatever was intended as the tone of that comment. I don't give a shit for this topic. But, I for one am sick & tired of this bickering that has taken over this forum. No statement can be made without a mudslinging contest ensuing. F#wits like SaMan & Cragrat think it's appropriate to post 100% bullshit stories on serious topics in order to get a reaction ( or perhaps even a laugh, one never knows). Why do we need to keep on responding, and if the need to respond is that great, why allow yourself to be dragged down & beaten with experience? Please remember that these topics gets bumped to the top of the home page list each time you decide to spew forth another petty insult.

Posts like the ones on this thread here give credibility to claims from mr knoxville & 8a_ass that us SA okes are \"very aggro\", \"immature\" etc. etc. etc.

I believe in free speech, but F# the idiots that blabber BS for the sake of blabbering BS.

I believe in the (prosperous to all) future of this country, but F# the f#wits who criticize without offering better alternatives.

My lifestyle determines my death-style, a rising tide that pushes to the other side.

To the okes @ Strubens - get a sniper. Get a pro-actively aggressive solution. (To all the criminal huggin a-holes, it can be something else than a lynch mob - use your imagination for a change). Crime is much more adaptive than any defensive strategy you may employ - by parking at the Spar you'll just move the point of attack. Currently (sadly) it pays, live with it.

To SaMan: lose this URL or stop posting for the sake of creating sensation. It's the holiday season and you're making me feel like going postal. I might find you while feeling like that.

To CragRat: Ditto. If you are as old as you claim, it makes you that much more of an ass for posting the crap that you did. They shoot old horses.....

To 8a: Lose the pretense, you've made some good points despite being an asshole before, maybe you're not that bad after all. One might even begin to like you, (but don't expect a dinner invite just yet - : kiss kiss :)

muhahahaha
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:27 pm 

\"Tell your bitch to chill! Just chill Honey Bunny.\" - Pulp Fiction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:40 pm 

One dog, did you set out to be a example of all that pisses you off on this thread? Or does your left hand not know what your right hand is doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:04 am 

@Marshal: Yes. Still, I found it hard to match the vomit-die & shit-down-throat levels of writing excellence, so I went for the verbose-BS-random-rant approach. Hopefully I'll get the troosprys for a valiant effort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:34 am 

Hi OneDogClimbing, I completely agree with your earlier posting. Threads like this [for those who don't know the area] are confusing and aggressive. It's really pointless, and I for one lost track of the whole argument.

The problem with this forum is that people do not respect one another. The only people who get any respect are those climbers who use there own names, and I'm sure you have noticed that those who do are pretty much the top climbers in SA who have earned their respect amongst us by being better monkeys than most will ever be. It's a fact that one of the things that kills a forum is when people feel they cannot voice their opinions. When someone flames a poster straight off the bat, it chases that person away. That's why this forum has gone from quite a fruitful community of climbers to one or two posters. You'll notice that even a thread with one or two postings will have hundreds of views. People are on the site, but they are too scared to post because of idiots like above attacking all the time.

I think there is some truth in the fact that living in such a dangerous place as SA we have much pent up anger. That's fine, but people need to learn how to take it out in a different way. Justin, this forum needs better policing and needs to be cleaned up A LOT! Threads like this should be deleted, and the attackers should be warned about their conduct, and, if done again, banned. 99% of these people would never say any of this to anyones face, so why here?

@Marshall, whenever you feel the need to chip in with one of your \"I fought on the border\" chirps, just don't. You are Mr.Trad who is responsible for drilling more holes than most of us put together. I used to enjoy your posts, but over time, you have lost the plot a bit.

@jeanpant, you are nothing more than a fool. I'm not sorry to say so either. Anyone who reads your posts must think you are a blithering idiot. It's guys like you that give all of us climbers a bad name. You should be the first person booted from this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:53 am 

What a frickin joke.
It's got nothing to do with living in a violent country, no thread needs to be deleted. It's all about ego and anonymity. Anonymity breads confidence, and so your unhindered ego requires a equal or more fierce response if ones post is challenged as you are anonymous. Note that those using their real names are usually more polite, and don't attack the man but the point.

Go check the many other forums out there, they all suffer from the same thing. Sure there are a couple of real dicks out here, but more often than not if an intelligent thread does get started it does not get highjacked, unlike this one which was only going one way from the start.
It's the latest craze people: forum rage - and no one knows who you are motherf*cker, so you can smile at them at the crag the next time you see them, and they are none the wiser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:00 am 

Death threats?WTF bru?Just when you think the mountains themselves are dangerous enough to negotiate,people that (don't/) go there threaten to kill you because you do?Shit, heavy!tSaMan, take it easy there my china.

I squash bugs................like everyone else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:18 am 

I think I found the root cause of this problem: It's someone's face.

Could everyone please buy themselves this book & DVD set, and let us know if it's you?

Mine's too pretty, I know that for a fact, you can ask my mother too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:47 am 

Lets assume one has a love interest, and you love this person with everything you have and he/she means more than the world to you and is coincidently amazing between the sheets, would YOU let someone else shag your patner so that they can enjoy being with this person, that you love so dearly, and appreciate the skill between the sheets as much as you do for the sake of sharing something,NO-WAYS! The photo's that are posted on the 8a scorecards are posted because they are kieff, if it sparks interest?so be it, but the sparks will never be anything more or less than just that! Just let people climb where they want to climb and what they want to climb with who they want to climb, fuck! I am sorry i know of boulders, other people also know about them, sorry Stu, I am sorry I am a prick who does not feel anything for the \"climbing community\", I am sorry I am amped about climbing virgin lines and wanting to preserve the very essence of what makes climbing these lines so special to me, I am sorry people don't like doing what I do and how I do it.

I am sorry, therefore I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:09 am 

Here you go jurie:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:20 am 

Jurie, dude, I wasn't talking about you - there's a difference between expressing ones opinion (even an opposing one such as yours) and being a dick while doing it. We can all guess who I'm talking about.
Having said that, let's get real for a second - by posting the pics on 8a, etc. you, maybe unwittingly, opened pandora's box my friend - there is no going back, unless you own the land.