Quantcast
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:05 pm 

Just bought the latest issue and there are absolutely no bouldering articles! And even the news section only had two small mentions!
I know that a lot of the top okes seem to be spending quite a bit of time on routes at the moment but this trend has been there since issue 1.
With all the MANY new bouldering areas that have been established there is more than enough to write about. Come on Tony and Co., not all of us are route climbers and hey it might even prompt them to pick up the mag once in a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:36 pm 

Would you like some cheese and crackers with that whine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:59 pm 

I take it you're not a boulderer then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:10 pm 

Are the boulderers sending through information, articles, and photographs to SA Mountain Mag? :? I'm pretty sure Tony would include the information - SA Mountain Mag are usually eager to receive articles, but you have a responsibilty to share the information as well... :wink:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:39 pm 

ChainedFreeSpirit wrote:
Are the boulderers sending through information, articles, and photographs to SA Mountain Mag? :? I'm pretty sure Tony would include the information - SA Mountain Mag are usually eager to receive articles, but you have a responsibilty to share the information as well... :wink:

Hmmm, sounds as if the boulder loving authors and photographers out there aren't being enticed by the mere promise of fame. Perhaps they'd "flash for cash"..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:15 pm 

I'm sure that Tony will publish any well written articles (or picture essays) about bouldering.

Just remember, writing articles or guides about your favourite areas will only have one result - more people will go there (unless your area is a load of crap).

More people = more impact = more chance of you not being able to climb there in the future. I know it's a kak attitude, but it is the way things work.