Quantcast
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Mount Kenya
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm 
Could someone please give me some information.
With all the trouble in Kenya and it seems they are approaching Nairobi, climber/hikers that went to Mt Kenya and are due to fly back on friday how would the curfews and all the trouble impact on them and the transport they need to catch from the base of the Mountain to the Airport?
I am sorry i dont know anything about Mt Kenya i just know my Boyfriend and his Mother are there now and due to fly out on Friday.

please if someone could just tell me something, how it would work?
Thank you
Dulce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:17 am 

Hey DulceG

If you are reffering to Chalk and Mom, I am sure they will be alright. They know the country and know their way about.

I have also been keeping a close eye on the happenings in Kenya as I am also awaiting their return. It is worrying though - we'll just have to wait unitl we have news. The thing is that they were on the mountain, with no contact to the outside, while all the trouble started and it should be quite a shock to them, to come down and find the country in turmoil

Bishop Tutu is on his way there to start negotiations with the parties involved. Hopefully this will ease the stress levels of the people.

I'll pm you with my details if you want to have a chat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:34 am 

I just spoke to the Counsellor of the High Commission of Kenya in South Africa.

She told me that there are no curfews that she is aware of. She said the road from Mt Kenya to Nairobi is open and that flights are coming into and leaving the airport, so I think travellers should be OK.

She said Nairobi is calm today as the security forces are out in nummbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:38 am 
Hi
a Little different to what Mr Barnard apparently first Secretary said this morning, but like he also said so much changes in hours.

yeah both airports confirmed all flights are definitely on track.

Well it is always good to know ;)

thank you

Dulce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:23 am 
Hi Marley,
could you please pm or msn me... my pm are sitting in the outbox for some strange reason!