It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Rocklands travel beta
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:43 pm 

Hey All,

I am planning a trip to the Rocklands in June with a group of folks from the states. We are planning to camp out at the Rocklands Campground (is there only one?) and have questions about transportation. Is the campground close enough to the climbing that a car is not needed on a daily basis? Also, is there any way to get from Capetown to the Rocklands without renting a car? Any info on this stuff would be most helpful, as well as any other general beta I might need to be aware of.

Thank you, and looking forward to visiting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:25 pm 

The only way to get from CT to Clanwilliam without renting would be to bum a ride off some Cape Town climbers (Its a three hour drive). There is no public transport that Im aware of. There are boulders near the campsite but most are at the top of the pass, which would quite a long walk to do every day. Im not a 'landz local so best if someone else chips in here...anyone?

Post subject: Rocklands
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:04 am 

The Stellies crew was in Rocklands for most of May-August last year and it looks like this year will be no different.
Someone from the group is also going up or down to Cape Town so I'm sure, if you let us know closer to the time, we'll be able to sort you out. You'll be able to get beta when you're there so long as you like a good party and don't take yourself to seriously :wink:
Cheers for now
-Scott