It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:26 pm 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop working to go climbing full-time and still make a decent living off it? Meaning to be able afford going anywhere over the world at any time and visit all the best climbs! Working sucks, I dont want to do it anymore. Maybe,just mabe, if we all pool ideas we can come up with the ultimate answer! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:31 pm 

Resign from work and get an advance on your first book you're writing from Mr R Branson .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:51 pm 

I have the answer!! The ultimate way to earn a smal fortune, travel the world and never work another day. Just send £50 to ripoff@crapolla.co.uk and I will send you all the details - from Thailand! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:40 pm 

mmmm...I feel I need the balance! Stressful work and climbing fits well together, I think the trick lies more in getting the right job. I work in a Business Enterprise collage in the UK as a network engineer; and while the money is very good I get more holidays than I could ever ask for! I work 08:30 to 16:30 and 15:30 Fridays :D There is more than enough time in my week to climb all I want to.

I think people should be banned from working weekends.
Besides if you do some reading you'll find all the big guns in the climbing industry has respectable jobs that grab allot of cash, to fund their climbing. There are a handful that as you say \"climb for a living\" but as we all know they are amongst the elite.

:idea:
So you either make it your work by starting a company or you get your ass up that campus board so you can start working on some 8b's and some sponsors might see you 8)

If you get out of bed every morning thinking \"OMG..work\" then I think you need to look for a new line. Although I'm not saying I sing something from the sound of music every morning I go to work... :idea: