Quantcast
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Climbing in Europe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 pm 

Hi guys. If any of you are interested in climbing in Spain,let me know, there are some guys from Czech republic who live in Costa Blanca and they have a refuge where climbers can stay (for a donation). There are also plans to go on a road trip during the European summertime to some of the best crags (sport trad and boulder) that Europe has to offer, including a crag in Czech republic where no metal gear is allowed... Anyway, if you are interested, let me know. It will be fun to have some fellow South Africans on the trip.

Post subject: Re: Climbing in Europe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:17 am 

Hey Ansie.

We're heading that way end of may into June. I'm not sure of a final destination. Idea's for nice places to climb grade 22 would be great.

Garvin

Post subject: Re: Climbing in Europe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:41 pm 

Our idea was to travel around Costa Blanca, but we just loved Sella so much we ended up staying there. A quick look in the Rockfax guidebook tells me you will find routes of the specified grade in all the areas. Echo valley looks very cool. By June the conditions in Costa Blanca would be less than ideal because it gets very very hot there! Have a look at http://www.rockbusters.net there is a link to a list of locations with a description of each.