It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:46 pm 

Hi all

This is a call to action for you to join 3 x work meets to fix the access path to Lakeside Pinnacle from Boyes Drive, to improve on conditions along the base of the crag, and to erect some signage. As many of you will know the path is in a bad state of disrepair and at least one section at the base of the crag is unstable, with much sandy soil and rock having gone over the edge through rains and human activity.

The plan is to remedy these problems using resourses ('man'power, time, path-building skills, motivation)from within the local climbing community, with some logistical help from Table Mountain National Park management.

The work meets are happening on the mornings of the 3rd Saturday of the 1st three months of 2012 - i.e 21st January, 18th February, and 17th March. However, the 17th March is the Tradathon on TM, so we're going to either do it on the 10th or the 24th March - give me feedback as to which date suits you best and I'll be confirming that date nearer the time. Please diarise these dates for Jan and Feb!

The plan is to meet and start early, before the days got too hot, with the duration being from 7am to 1pm. That gives us 6 hours for each work meet.

You are encouraged to join us, ideally for the full duration of each meet, but late comers and early leavers will be equally welcome! You'll need to be self sufficient with water, snacks, sun protection, warm/ windproof clothing etc. Mostly we'll be moving stones and putting them in place, but if you have spades, pick axes, crowbars, or any other tools that you think may be useful, bring them along in case we need them!

Either way, we'll get the job done and your help will be valued! Should we finish the work sooner, or need extra work meets to complete it, I'll communicate via the same channels, so keep your ears and eyes open for updates.

I've volunteered to drive this initiative, so if you have any queries, suggestions, or need any information please don't hesitate to contact me.

Yours in responsible climbing
Ross Suter

Tel: 021-6891234
Mobile: 082 4375145
Email: ross@highadventure.co.za

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 pm 

Thanks for driving this initiative. Ill certainly make one of the days.

Wes