Steeple new route

New Areas. New routes. Retrobolting. Add-ons. Re-grading. etc.
Justin

Steeple new route

Post by Justin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:03 am

Elbow Grease at the Steeple has been fully bolted (after a long layover) and is open at grade 14 or 15.

The route climbs the arete, has 12 bolts + chains and is about 26 meters long (so make sure you have a knot at the end of your rope). The last bolt on the route has chain link for a hanger, this will be replaced with a proper hanger soon (the bolt is a 12mm... something about using the wrong size drill bit!)
The route has a bit of a trad feel, so a helmet might be an idea. I recommend removing the first quickdraw on your way up and extending the 6th draw to avoid drag.

Be great to get some feedback, let me know what you think of the route it's grade.
Enjoy

Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Garron

Re: Steeple new route

Post by Garron » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:13 pm

maybe a grade aggregator would be useful :)

DamageINC

Post by DamageINC » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanx Justin & other for your continued contribution...hope to climb it on my next trip!
J
Who Dares...Wins (SAS)
Jacques

Justin

Post by Justin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Due to the ongoing road construction in Montagu, it is not possible to park in the usual spot to access the Riverside Crags.
Instead park here :arrow: https://goo.gl/maps/xiuZgGaFoB42 (and please watch out for tortoises when driving in the area).

This route involves +-500 meters of extra walking. Park you car and then head up the path, keep left at the T-junction.
Attachments
steeple_new_walk-in.jpg
steeple_new_walk-in.jpg (106 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za