It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 am 

Hi

I know there are some very established routes on Towerkop, but I need info on climbing in Seweweekspoort (and the Ladismith area in general). I'll be in the area over December and would like to chek out the climbing.

Cheers

Marlo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 am 

Hi Marlo,Towerkop is the only real climbing scene in the area(trad only),Seweekspoort got loads of potential(trad only).Me and a friend established a few sport routes,but unfortunately it's not open to the public because of arrangements with the owner.cheers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 pm 

Hi Marlo

Ladismith has a few possible crags that can be developed for sport climbing, but at the moment it's mainly this crag George mentioned above (Boontjieskloof), and of course the Outback Crag. A recent forum post discussed all the access arrangements for the Outback crag, please have a look if you're interested.

In Seweweekspoort there are some good spots for bouldering and trad routes, but the poort is under Cape Nature Conservation management and bolting will not be allowed.

The main attraction remains Towerkop. Don't know if you've done it before, but here's the site if you'd like information: http://sites.google.com/site/towerkopinfo

Ladismith is also conveniently situated between Montagu and Oudtshoorn if you're staying a few days and would like to take a daytrip for sport climbing to one of these venues.

George and I have our eyes on another crag or two, and will keep you updated once (public!) access arrangements have been sorted out.

Regards
Jan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 pm 

Thanks Jan and George

Although Towerkop seems like the place to go, I think my time will be limited. I understand that the sport climbing is under development in your area but the trad climbing was what I am after and it looks like the poort will probably be the easiest to access

Thanks for the link - good info...

Marlo