Page 5 of 5

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:49 pm
by David Vallet
O.K. The bolts are gone...

Climb Rat,
Please don’t use that technique with a static rope.
I’m sure your rope access friends will be able to explain it to you.

Josh,
It don’t believe it is a safe system for guiding on ‘Arrow Final’.

I also came across a fixed line, hanging down to the ledge above ‘Atlantic’s Abseils’,
I can see the point, but there are a lot of other ways to get there without down-climbing, does this make it booty?

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
by Hann
@ Wayne.

The reason we are trying to keep SANparks out of this is because the following.

SANpark has the right to ban all bolting and rock climbing on property under its management.

We and the MCSA need to show we can self regulate before intervention from SANpark.
Once this is sorted, SANpark can be approached with the info of who did it, and how the MCSA resolved it.

If news of this kind of bolting behaviour reaches a SANpark committee meeting while still in process, we stand a very real chance of losing access to climbing venues and/or bolting privaliges.

All this is being risked because of one climber who thinks he is just too cool to follow the rules.

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:00 pm
by Hann
David Vallet wrote:O.K. The bolts are gone...
Now where is the 'Like' button?

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:04 pm
by jgb
Hey Justin feel free to remove my last post, it was only meant as a joke but realise it might be a bit off the mark

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:47 pm
by Marshall1
Hats off to you David! Clearly it mattered!

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:29 pm
by Dewrance
Now that they're gone the thread can be locked...

But before you do, i'd like to respond to jgb:
95% of men admit to being wankers. The other 5% are liars... :jocolor:

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 pm
by joshpickering
@David, I was just saying that his system may be safe (I've never been on the climb and don't exactly know how it's run, so I'm not in a position to judge) but just that that wasn't the point of this argument. The point of the bolts was not even really addressed by Matt which is why I made my comment.
Anyway, I'm glad the bolts have been chopped. I guess there isn't much hope of an apology appearing in this thread any time soon, so it would probably be best to lock it!

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:02 pm
by Rob P
This is just so funny. What a good thread!

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am
by SNORT
Dave etc let it go. Start and new forum topic if you must. Actually I will. Then interested parties can follow the thread and comment. I shall call it Click here to view the 'Upseiling' thread which is what it amounts to - almost.

It is a separate issue to the bolts which are not needed for upseiling.

Re: Arrow Final's Bolted Anchor

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:40 pm
by Justin