Quantcast
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:18 pm 

which are free from the manufacturer and is meant for the customer. This is happening with the blue water rope I bought. Read the response from blue water rope.

Letter from Blue Water to me when I didn't get my free rope bag I was entitled to:

\"Evidently the store in South Africa removed the rope bag that was attached to the rope when it was shipped from here. The rope does not leave here without the bag since it is part of our packaging. I would spear with the store. Anyway, thanks for buying our product. I hope to be back in Capetown again before I get too old to travel. The area is beautiful and the people were great to me and my wife.\"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:38 am 

skanky bastards, so are you going to start a war and tell us where you bought it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:00 am 

Start a war & burn down the good olè friendly climbing shops ? Tell us where you buy a Blue water rope !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:05 am 

The 'good ole climbing shops' no doubt mark up the price they bought the rope for (incl the rope bag) and then sell the rope at the inflated price minus the rope bag. So essentially you are paying for a rope bag which they remove and sell to someone else at 100% profit despite the fact that it is rightfully yours, this is called stealing, and no amount of friendliness or 'how was your climb this weekend' chatter is going to change that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 am 

If you want to know, e-mail me at fellowpassenger@hotmail.com I am not prepaired to say publicaly where I bought the rope as I am not malicious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:38 am 

It is not so much to do with the fact that I don't want to pay for the rope bag it is more to do with the principle however I think I need to let it go now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:51 am 

Did you ever speak to the climbing shop? The whole thing could be completely different than what you're thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 am 

I send the climbing shop a polite e-mail pointing out that I should of got a free rope bag and asking them what there side of the story ie what the reason was why I didn't get a free rope bag. I showed them the e-mail I got from Blue water. They ignored my e-mail, I never ever got a reply and I wasn't going to go down there and have an argument with them over the rope bag however I won't buy from them again in future, I will rather buy somewhere else. They obviousley aren't prepaired to discuss anything. Maybe they feel they are entitled to take the free rope bags and sell them seperately. I don't think they are as the blue water(the manufacturer) says the free rope bags are for the customer not for the wholesaler.

What happened is they gave me the rope without the free rope bag but forgot to take off the sticker on the rope from the manufacturere which said every customer must get a free rope bag with this rope. I only saw the sticker when I got home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:11 am 

That sucks, the climbing community in this country is not big enough to justify such a shitty attitude on the part of the store, and there are enough other climbing shops to go to that won't rip you off. Rope bags tend to cost between 150 and 200 rand, a significant amount when you're being ripped off. I hope someone from the unmentioned store has read this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 am 

Buggers ! And they make a fortune out of us poor climbers . Agreed , its not great to say whom you bought it from but a principle is a principle . Simple as that !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:28 am 

Heard a very different side to the story-and no I am not affiliated to the climbing shop in any way! but in their defence apparently the free rope bag supplied with blue water ropes is not a hard wearing R150-R200 one it is in fact a throw over thin sheet bag that is no where near in quality to that which one would carry and store a rope in- that is not to say that it justifies them taking it out, for what ever is included with a product is due to the customer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:33 am 

I wasn't expecting to get an expensive rope bag, I just wanted the free rope bag that the manufacturer send with the rope bag intended for the customer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:34 am 

However I don't think it is fair for students or other people who can't afford to buy a rope bag not to get a free rope bag they are entitled to when they buy a bluewater rope.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:37 am 

Rather than give me a cheap rope bag that I am entitled to they would rather loose me as a customer. I have spends thousands at this particular shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 am 

Drifter-If you feel so strongly about it which you are fully enttitled to-go and speak to them and ask them for your bag. Im sure you will find that they will be much more reasonable than you think, and will most probably give you the bag with no ill feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:45 am 

I have e-mailed them and they ignore me, I take a hint and it is fine. I am just speaking about this so that maybe others who want buy a blue water rope bag can take it up with the shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:52 am 

Stop sulking and just go talk to them. Perhaps you'll at least get some free chalk or something as compensation.
Email is very unpersonal. You'll achieve a lot more if you just go speak to them yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 am 

and I don't want free chalk or anything. I just hope they change their policy because climbers will loose out. I found another shop where I buy my stuff now and I am happy with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 am 

Drifter I dont know your experience in dealing with issues like these so I'm sorry if I give you advice that you already know, but trust me, the easiest way for someone who wants to dodge you to do it is to ignore your e-mails.E-mail wont get you anywhere. \"Sorry the server is down\", \"No I never got that mail\",\"Must be something wrong with our connection\" etc etc. If you feel strongly about this (and you should) phone them or go see them in person, they'll have no way to dodge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:02 pm 

Drifter are you for real!! be a man and go and see them. The time taken for you to rant on this forum couldve lead you to have ten rope bags by now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:02 pm 

I just want to prevent this happening again, so when people buy there blue water rope to inquire if they are entitled to a free rope bag before they leave the shop.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:04 pm 

I should of seen the sticker on the rope before I bought it that said I was entitled to a free rope bag and then I should of said to the shop assistant I want the free rope bag I am entitled to and if they wouldn't give it refuse to buy the rope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:04 pm 

C'mon Drifter ! :-( If you want a reaction , get into action and pursue the issue and nail the bastards if you need to . Otherwise just go and have some lemon tea .

Post subject: It is over for me
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:05 pm 

I got this off my chest, new topic please!

Post subject: I took my father advice
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:07 pm 

My father told me not to go down there and argue, just not to buy from them again in future.

Post subject: Bluewater Rope Bag MIA?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:12 pm 

Here is a different side of the story.
we (CityROCK in cape town) import Bluewater Ropes.

1) this forum post is the first i heard of this issue, nobody emailed us. but then the rope could have been bought from one of our dealers too.

2) Drifter, i am sorry you didnt get your free rope bag. if you are in cape town please stop by the CityROCK Shop and Dave or i will give you a new replacement bag. if you are in gauteng email me: robert at cityrock co za and i can leave one for you with one of our dealers in gauteng on monday (Drifters, Hikers & Gravity stock BlueWater ropes). free chalk bag will included to make you feel better :wink:

3) For the record: These free rope bags are really crappy bags. comparable to those permanent green R10 pick n pay grocery shopping bags. most of our BlueWater rope customers actually upgrade to a proper rope bag with tarp, etc. so we got a few spare ones floating around. anyone is free to stop by and get one - we got a few floating around.

4) next time you email scott newell, owner of BW ropes tell him i say hi.

PS: how's the new rope?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:18 pm 

i also want a free chalk bag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:19 pm 

Lets all try to get a long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:26 pm 

fridge- I think you need to buy a rope first and not get a pnp shopping bag with it to qualify for a free chalk bag.

Post subject: Thanks Robert Breyer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:27 pm 

I don't need that rope bag however but it would be appreciated if you could keep the free rope bags with the ropes and let the customer decide if they want a the free rope bag or not. City rock is not the only shop here that has removed the rope bags from the blue water ropes, that is why I said 'climbing shops' in my first posting

All is forgiven I buy from you guys in the future. I do love my blue water rope, it is the best I ever had.

I am sorry about the misunderstanding I thought you got my e-mail and did not want to come in and have an arguement.