It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 pm 

Hi guys,

12 unused Aliens for sale WITHOUT tags. 1 black, 2 blue, 2 green, 2 yellow, 2 red, 1 orange, 1 purple, 1 white. Just received them today special order from the states. Took a fairly bad fall last week so ill be out for awhile and will probably never climb trad again. Asking R800 each but make me an offer. They were expensive so keep the offers reasonable. Im in Durban till Thursday then im heading back to Cape Town.

Nic

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:41 am 

Sorry to hear about your fall, what happened and why is it the end of your forage into Trad?
Might have someone who will be interested in Durban; will PM you.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:06 am 

I will buy them all... I'm based in Cape Town.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:04 am 

Took a fairly bigger fall off an arete sideways onto a ledge. I just think i need a lot more experience placing gear and knowing when to call it a day. im still a very new climber. This is my 3rd month! I opened the box last night just to check that they were all there and because they were kept all together, the bigger cams are slightly scratched. You can see that this is not from being paced, rather just being rubbed against each other.

DD if you are keen please let me know and we can arrange to meet from next thursday so you can have a look at them. obviously if you want to take them all ill let them go for less.

Picture to follow...

Nic

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:18 pm 

Nic sorry to hear about your whipper.
A big fall forces us to take a step back and reconsider what we are doing. For most of us the fall is either a result of overconfidence, or the expected consequence of pushing hard close to the limit and something we were prepared to accept. However if it was scary and not an outcome that was anticipated, it is natural to avoid similar situations. It is sometimes the sad outcome that a climber hangs up his boots at this time, or avoids that type of climbing completely. I hope that after taking it easy for a while, and building some experience in a safe and controlled environment you would reconsider your take on trad climbing. 3 months into the sport is way too early to be taking big scary falls. Consider sticking to safe sport routes for a while to build experience and then when you have a solid foundation, spending some time with some experienced trad climbers. Trad climbing is not something you want to jump into- it bites the inexperienced. Trad is best learned under mentorship by following a leader for quite a while and then taking on the sharp end in a slow and controlled manner under his/her watchful eye. If done in this way, trad is extremely rewarding. If you want to push hard, the right opportunity will come in good time. Let us know how it goes.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:58 pm 

Yip dude I'm super keen, not to worried about scratches. I sent you a PM with my contact details. Otherwise send me your number and we can arrange to meet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:14 pm 

Are these now illegal aliens or what ?..... We were warned that there would be an increase in human trafficking during the world cup but I had not heard that Aliens would be trafficked as well. .... it's a sad, sad reflection on our community to say the least !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:15 pm 

Thanks for the concern Dragon. IV almost fully recovered and considering hitting the gym tonight! Darkest Donkey only took two Aliens ( blue and Green) so if anyone is interested the rest are available so just let me know. Im in Knysna till wednesday morning then I will be back in CT.

Nic

Ps. CragRat I think your in the wrong place... Try this out instead!

www.alienhub.com