It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 pm 

Followed Rogers little guide book to the tee by climbing down the gorge to its 'base' and tried to bundu bash left through dense vegetation along the cliff face after about 30 min I reckoned that there is no way this is the right way, we climbed back up some really dodgy scrambles to find that instead of the crag face being off to the left once you get to the base of the gorge known as the "Ice Box" it was to the left only about one quarter of the way down.

Anyway whilst we were cursing and sweating the morning away trying to follow the directions in the guide book, I found a Climbing harness at the base of the cliff in a tree so if you lost one PM me the brand and the colour and I will make sure you get it back.

PS it seems like it has been there some time as it is badly soiled but does not seem to have degraded at all, I will wash it and have a look at its condition.

Nic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 am 

I guess thats why they call climbing an adventure sport....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 pm 

Indeed it was a lovely day out! Some absolutely stunning Cycads at the bottom of the gorge.
And the crag itself is really quite nice, although it doesn't seem to get much action lately, the fixed rope for the cave traverse is completely disintegrated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm 

Bump. I'm moving to the eastern cape, taking this harness with me if no one claims it.