indoor rock climbing

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

milangee

indoor rock climbing

Post by milangee » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 am

I dont want to look like an idiot indoor rock climbing? a bunch of people i know rock climb. i USE to be quite the athlete. I don't have much arm strength and really don't have strong hands or wrists. But i am extremely flexible and i have strong legs. I fear that i am going to look like a wimp not knowing how to rock climb and looking like a clueless blonde!
Last edited by milangee on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carel07

Re: indoor rock climbing

Post by Carel07 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey - We all have to start at the bottom, I did martial arts for 11years and have a strong core and upper body, but when it came to climbing I also sucked, but no one thinks you look like and idiot or a wimp - in this sport, and I believe its the same in everything other thing in life, the more you practise the better you are going to get! So go for it!!! You'll probably only do 3 climbs before your fore-arms are pumped 3bar and you can barely grip anything anymore, but its all a lot of fun!!! (and don't worry about the climbing jargon, words like "biner" "crux" "dyno" it'll come to you in due time)

Enjoy!!

Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:50 pm

I've been climbing for a year and still look like a complete idiot but couldn't care less :lol:
"There is something fundamentally wrong in treating the Earth as if it were a business in liquidation." Herman E Daly

joshpickering

Post by joshpickering » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 am

Were you guys blinded by the clueless blonde? This post is screaming "spam"!