Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:10 am 

Hi,

Have you seen the new Lions Head climbers guide, it's quite cool! I have only started trad climbing recently. Would like to go try out the routes at Lion's Head. You can find the new Lion's Head Guide at CityROCK for only R140, is that true?!

Keep on climbing! :afro:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am 

I believe David, the author, will be selling copies of his guide for only R100.00 this evening at the Cape Town MCSA meeting @ 20H00

:pirat:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 pm 

yes, R100 opening special from the author David Mercer tonight only at the MCSA 1st Tuesday. otherwise R140 from us. our price is higher because we have to pay Trevor his R20 and thousands to our landlord....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:41 am 

Hi,

The new climber's guide to Lion's Head, Cape Town, is available in most climbing shops. Seven Summits/MMO, Orca, City Rock and the MCSA have all got copies for sale. Any retailers interested in stocking the book can contact myself or RAM Mountaineering.

The guide covers the whole of Lion's Head, both the sandstone and the granite routes. In total some 130 routes are described including a lot of new routes that have either been opened in the last 3 years or that were never published initially. The peak is an excellent venue for moderate trad climbing and due to ease of access and the very short walk-up times to the rock, it is also ideal for after work climbs.

The guide would have been impossible without the support of: Ram Mountaineering, Seven Summits, MCSA, First Ascent, Cape Storm and Cape Climb. These companies all bought advertising space, thus helping to bring the final production costs within the realm of possibility!

I welcome any comments and suggestions, especially new routes and variations. These can be sent to mercerdp@gmail.com

Happy Climbing
David