Notification of message in e-mail

Let us know your thoughts. Anything you want us to add? Error reports? Did we mispell anything? We'll also keep you updated here about new stuff on ClimbZA.
Sanneke

Notification of message in e-mail

Post by Sanneke » Thu May 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Dear moderators,

I've been trying to use your forum to find climbing partners in SA. Thus far I haven't had much luck. It seems like most of the members don't read the messages I send to them (the messages are stuck in the 'outbox'. I think the most important reason for this is that there is no e-mail notification when you get a new message. Is this anything you could look into?

Kind regards,

Sanneke

Justin

Re: Notification of message in e-mail

Post by Justin » Thu May 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Sanneke,

Thanks for your post. An email notification is sent when PM's are sent. There could be a few reasons why your PM's are not being picked up.

FYI: Messages will only 'leave' your Outbox once it has been 'collected' by the recipient.
PM's stuck in Outbox???

If you send me the users names that you are not able to get in contact with, then I shall contact them directly.

Regards,
Justin
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Sanneke

Post by Sanneke » Thu May 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks for your quick reply! I don't think I get an email notification after I get a PM (or a response to a thread I started)?

Justin

Post by Justin » Thu May 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Sanneke wrote:I don't think I get an email notification after I get a PM (or a response to a thread I started)?
I have sent you a test PM, let me know....
You will not get a notification for threads that you start - you can however turn on notifications.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za