When your inflatable becomes an deflatable

Let us know your thoughts. Anything you want us to add? Error reports? Did we mispell anything? We'll also keep you updated here about new stuff on ClimbZA.
Chalk

When your inflatable becomes an deflatable

Post by Chalk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 am

So you finally take the plunge and buy an inflatable mattress and sleep like a dream for ONE night, then you notice that it has a puncture… somewhere…

No matter what I have tried, floating it in the pool to find bubbles etc, it leaks…

Any body found the magic cure for this problem?

Nic Le Maitre

Re: When your inflatable becomes an deflatable

Post by Nic Le Maitre » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am

I wish...
Happy climbing
Nic

shorti

Post by shorti » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:28 am

As far as I have heard from other people and experienced myself, the problem is likely to be the valve. At least tell us what you bought so the rest of us don't make the same mistake. I bought one not to long ago and the guy at the shop told me not to buy a certain brand (can't remember the name), because most of them return within a day or two. When I asked why they had it in stock he said that some people insisted on buying it (wtf). Anyway I bought something else and returned it after the first use! Ok, the one I have now works like a charm. So I suggest you do the same, swop it for something else until you find one that works and don't buy at a store that doesn't have a big variety.

Justin

Post by Justin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:29 am

test01
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

mokganjetsi

Post by mokganjetsi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 pm

he chalk you need to pressurize the mat under water - when you lie on it at night the pressure causes miniature leaks to open whereas without pressure the leak remains closed (under water). otherwise the leak could be so small that you have to hold it under water for a while to wait for a bubble to form.

emile

Post by emile » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Buy a silencer for your double action pump so that the when the woman tops the mattress up during the night it's quick and quiet leaving you blissfully asleep.

( OneDog ducks )
:eye: :afro: 8)