New Routes Wiki

Let us know your thoughts. Anything you want us to add? Error reports? Did we mispell anything? We'll also keep you updated here about new stuff on ClimbZA.
toprope

New Routes Wiki

Post by toprope » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi All,
I've completely overhauled the Routes wiki. It is now fully integrated with the Forum & Gallery login. i.e you only have to login once & no longer need a separate login to update the wiki.

I've copied 99.9% of the data across - sorry if I missed anything. the old wiki is still available - If you are missing anything then pm me & I'll send you the old path so that you can copy anything I missed across.

oh - if you don't know what I'm talking about then click on Routes at the to get to the wiki.

happy climbing
Riki (pls no riki wiki jokes)

zabullet

Re: New Routes Wiki

Post by zabullet » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Nice one Riki,

Perhaps I should start a new thread for this, but the content of the wiki (generally) is pretty useless. Too few topos and far too many pictures of a your mate climbing up some arb route (isn't that what the gallery is for?). In my opinion here is a good example.

Anyway, perhaps some guidelines?

zb.

Marshall1

Post by Marshall1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 pm

I can't move automaticaly from Climbing.co.za into wiki edits. Will I need a pass word?

toprope

Post by toprope » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:57 am

You will have to login once using your forum username & pwd. On the image below the wiki login button is circled in red n the top r.h. corner. Also tick the box "Remember my login on this computer" (assuming your not on a shared machine / internet cafe).
Attachments
screenshotwiki.png
screenshotwiki.png (55.33 KiB) Viewed 2304 times

Carl

Post by Carl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:21 am

The wiki is great. When I get some time I will transfer all the Botswana route info from my website into the wiki.

One suggestion, and I will try and do this for Botswana, is to have the Google placemarks for significant places available. I see that for instance on Magaliesberg there are some jpgs of google earth with some placemarks but it would be more useful just to have the GE placemark available.

Carl