Slangolie Frontal beta needed

Swop tips on moves, route conditions, etc.
mikegrai

Slangolie Frontal beta needed

Post by mikegrai » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello

We are two visiting Canadian climbers who are interested in taking on Slangolie Frontal, probably on Wednesday March 29 or Thursday March 30. We have the route description in Cape Peninsula Select by Tony Laurens. Does anyone have any other topos, route descriptions or beta in general that they could share? We are experienced multi pitch trad climbers, but would appreciate any information you could give us to bolster the odds of us having a great day out!

mokganjetsi

Re: Slangolie Frontal beta needed

Post by mokganjetsi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Tony's RD is pretty good and you should be able to find the route. As for the route itself, it does offer a decent number of pitches (some of which can be linked) at below average quality. The rock is a mixture between the good, the bad and the ugly with a fair Bit of vegetation in between. If your goal is good quality climbing at the grade I would recommend rather doing Africa Crag and Staircase on Table Mountain.

henkg

Post by henkg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am

hmm...Don't be put off the route. Is a great country route right here in the city. Find the cairn at the start of the route and follow the best looking line to the top.
You may still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not. Cat Stevens

Hann

Post by Hann » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:46 am

Send me a private message with your email address.
I have the route description and can email it to you.

mokganjetsi

Post by mokganjetsi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 am

henkg wrote:on't be put off the route. Is a great country route right here in the city.
Concur that it is a worthy route in terms of its length and the "out there" feeling.