Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:28 pm 

Hi,

Let me introduce myself; I am a british sport and trad climber, and occasionaly dabble in bouldering - but really I'm all about long adventurous challenging routes. I'm 27 and have been climbing for nigh on 9 and a half years, up to 7a on sport, and up to e4 on trad.

Next Friday I'm flying to Cape Town for just over a week and am uber keen to sample the world famous sport and trad climbing in the area. I have a full rack of sport and trad climbing kit and will be happy to bring it, if needs be.

I'm a highly experienced belayer and happy with single and multipitch climbing. It would be really great to meet someone with some inside knowledge.

I'd like to meet some fun (and safe!) local climbers who would be up for a couple of adventures during the week. Day long or longer...

Happy to take it as it comes, and will probably end up winging it to a certain extent when I arrive, but it would be good to have a point of contact at the very least.

Will probably hire a car, if we can get a couple of us so we can split costs - so much the better.

Cheers, all the best, and I CAN'T WAIT to come to S.Africa! woop!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm 

Am am messing around at Yellowwood so if you search the forum you can see what I am up to. Look for Divine Time and Fine Time. I should be getting out there for one day next week. Send me a pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 pm 

Yellowwood is well worth the mission, so definitely join Snort to head out there. Pack your fit legs and intestinal fortitude! :p

We have a few decent sport crags in the city, with some good routes at most grades. But nothing to write home about if you've climbed in Spain or France. The trad on TM is probably more worth checking out. Definitely do Jacob's Ladder (16/5b), Magnetic Wall (19/6a+) and Roulette (20/6b). And there's tons more. Drop me a PM with your cell number when you get into town and I'll put you in touch with a crowd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 am 

Hey Luke

I have just sent out an e-mail looking for someone to climb Divine Time at Yellowwood on Saturday or Sunday. Pm me if you're interested.

Johann

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:58 pm 

Bump.

Ideally up for a day or two, or evening evening this week mon-fri?

Anyone game? i have my trad rack.

please email me at greenluke41@gmail.com

Cheers

Luke