Visiting Cape Town - April 1st-12th - Need climbing partner/s!

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
lockofflady

Visiting Cape Town - April 1st-12th - Need climbing partner/s!

Post by lockofflady » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:21 am

Hello!

I am visiting Cape Town and other parts of South Africa for the first two weeks of April from the US. Unfortunately, my friends there do not climb and don't know anyone that does. I would absolutely love to get some climbing in while visiting, even if it's just a day. I'm interested in bouldering or leading/following but will not be bringing a rope (Will have own shoes, harness and ATC). Not looking to project anything and if leading would prefer 5.10b (19/20) and under to keep on the safe side.

Would be super bummed if I will not get any climbing in as I've heard SA has some world class climbs :) Of course, very happy to trade catches. If anyone has any recommendations I'd love those as well as I am not familiar with the area at all! Where I live, we post on a facebook page to find climbing partners. Is there one I can also possibly post in for Cape Town/ other places not too far? Or is this the best place to post?

Thanks!

kasouga85

Re: Visiting Cape Town - April 1st-12th - Need climbing partner/s!

Post by kasouga85 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 am

Hi
I'm in CT till 10th April myself, from Australia, and looking for belay partners. I only have harness and shoes though so maybe indoors is the option available for me, though I'd also love to go outdoors.
Let me know!
Thanks

lockofflady

Re: Visiting Cape Town - April 1st-12th - Need climbing partner/s!

Post by lockofflady » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Hey! I found some partners are we’re going out on Sunday. Are we able to PM on this website?